• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus VG278HE artifacts, vertical lines

shar88

n00b
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1
Had my Asus VG278HE for six months now and very recently it started displaying these vertical lines. They don't take up the entire screen but seem to be hover around certain colors, the lighter being more prone. At first I thought my gfx card was going bad as that is a very typical symptom of such. However I have only ever observed this on this monitor and what made me aware is was actually my monitor was when I was swapping video from the asus to my secondary monitor and the message "DVI No Signal" had the vertical lines on it.

My question is if anyone else has experienced anything like this, and how painful is the RMA process with Asus?


Additional info, it only does this maybe like twice a day, and usually fixes itself after 1-10 seconds. If not, I noticed lightly bumping my desk can also fix it, and bumping my desk a few times can actually cause it. (Light bumping, I'm not going hulk on my desk). Currently I find this annoying but I could live with it, I'm concerned its only going to get worse and wondering if I should go through the hassle of RMA'ing now.
 
Back
Top