I just got a VG236H to replace one of my NEC 20WMGX2. The response time on this monitor is amazing, but I am having a REALLY hard time getting it calibrated correctly. I know it's not fair to compare it to my IPS monitor, but I just cannot get the colors, gamma, and contrast on the Asus to be satisfactory. Differences in color that are obvious on my NEC monitors are almost lost completely on the Asus. Lighter colors especially seem washed out, but if I adjust the contrast or gamma to fix this issue the overall picture gets too dark.
Most of the reviews for the Asus say that it's one of the better TN monitors in terms of color accuracy. I've scoured Google but I can't seem to find any settings that work well for me. I was curious what settings folks on [H] are using for this monitor. Is there a chance that I have a defective monitor, or do I just need to suck it up and finally invest in a colorimeter?
edit: I changed the monitor's setting to 'Standard' and selected sRGB for my color space, and now the picture looks MUCH more like my IPS monitor. The only downside is that this seems to have increased the visibility of the color shift between the top half of the monitor and the second half. I'm beginning to think that maybe my nVidia card isn't pushing the full color range to my monitors. I'll have to tweak some more, but in the mean time I'm still looking for tips!
edit2: The screen is more uniform than I first thought, but I still can't find any satisfactory settings outside of sRGB.
Most of the reviews for the Asus say that it's one of the better TN monitors in terms of color accuracy. I've scoured Google but I can't seem to find any settings that work well for me. I was curious what settings folks on [H] are using for this monitor. Is there a chance that I have a defective monitor, or do I just need to suck it up and finally invest in a colorimeter?
edit: I changed the monitor's setting to 'Standard' and selected sRGB for my color space, and now the picture looks MUCH more like my IPS monitor. The only downside is that this seems to have increased the visibility of the color shift between the top half of the monitor and the second half. I'm beginning to think that maybe my nVidia card isn't pushing the full color range to my monitors. I'll have to tweak some more, but in the mean time I'm still looking for tips!
edit2: The screen is more uniform than I first thought, but I still can't find any satisfactory settings outside of sRGB.
Last edited: