Asus VG236 and VG278 Service Menu

sadbuttrue

Gawd
I spent ages trying to find this, so in an effort to never forget I'll post here and help others too.

1. Power On
2. Hold Menu - keep held and never let go
3. Unplug power lead
4. Re-insert power lead (2 seconds is long enough to wait)
5. Wait until Input selection message (DVI/VGA etc) has finished displaying
6. Release Menu

Last edited:
Heh, thanks. Dunno if I'll use it. What did you do in your service menu?

Power on hours is useful to gauge lifespan

The one I found most interesting was the OD Strong Weak setting, which is a finer granulation of overdrive control. It doesn't get saved when the monitor powers off tho.

OD = OD STRONG WEAK (service menu)
TF = TRACE FREE (normal menu)

TF 0 = OD 0
TF 20 = OD 2
TF 40 = OD 4
TF 60 = OD 6
TF 80 = OD 9
TF 100 = OD 12

You can also go beyond Trace Free 100 with an OD setting of 15. The overshoot is seriously high and annoying, but as a proof of concept it gives fast motion resolution equivalent to a CRT. If LCDs could get to that pixel response time without serious overshoot I'd give up my CRT in a heartbeat.

TF 40 is the best on the VG236H, but some times 60 is better. If it could be set in the middle, or 4.5, then it would be perfect. The BenQ XL2420T's AMA is like using TF 80 on the Asus.

The service menu is useful for the Asus displays which lack over drive control (Trace Free), like the VSE248H.

Hi there.

I also opened advanced MEnu in Asus VG278H, and now I messed up the sRGB setting. Seems there is no way to reset it, even not with "Factory Setting".

Anybody can tell me the Original Setting please?

TF 40 is the best on the VG236H, but some times 60 is better. If it could be set in the middle, or 4.5, then it would be perfect. The BenQ XL2420T's AMA is like using TF 80 on the Asus.

The service menu is useful for the Asus displays which lack over drive control (Trace Free), like the VSE248H.

Maybe you?

Back