Asus Vento - not a mod, but a very different case

Looks like crap and also is a serious Alienware knock-off. :p Even the cable management system too

wow... it's like someone started with an alienware case, then added more plastic crap.

although i'm sure it'll be quite popular for the same reason people buy civics as "performance" cars - people are morons.

quite fugly IMO.

i am quite impressed by this case's design. it may not appeal to many people here, but i would love to have one in my house... especially in red.

i may have to plan a mod around this (yet another design on the "when the check comes from Ed" pile :rolleyes: )

any guess as to cost?

i think it has a very deco-modern feel to it. i hope it comes to market - i'd like to see it in person myself.

im not a fan of over the top case mods full of lights, for one i have a silverstone tj06. But i think this case looks pretty sweet, if it was in black that would be a sweet case for gaming. Id love to see how much it costs.

As for the looks... I could see how one could like it, I could see how one could hate it.

The "conveniance" features look quite nice, w/ the door on the front, the cable management, the handle on the back, the screwless PCIslotts, etc.

The styling is great, if you're into that sorta thing. Very sports car.

On the other hand, the case is crippled. They make big-ass jet-engine style air intakes and put ONE 80mm intake fan, and ONE 120mm exhaust. There is no reason to have them there whatsoever. I thought maybe with the shape of the case, they'd give us a bunch of extra hard drives in a vertical array by the air intakes, or SOMETHING. There's 4x 5.25" slots and 4x 3.5" slots.

It's no doubt going to be insanely priced, and it's going to be 100% because of the painted plastic, and it's going to sell. Well.

Reminds me of the Ferrari Enzo, i like it, and i think live will look even better. But would only buy in Red, Blue and Green doesnt suit that case, like a Ferrari!

DarkMonkey said:
Am I alone when I say that thing looks like a mini Dirt Devil on crack?
No, you're not alone in your opinion. I think you hit the nail on the head. I does look like a "wacked" out Dirt Devil... LOL.

...my $0.02... :cool:

i agree with the person who said it looks like a alienware case, almost every detail, even that back cable organizer is almost exactly how it is in the new alienware case. its almost like that other case that a lot of people buy now.

this

they've made so many versions of it that you cant tell who originally came out with it, which i do believe was alienware yes? well history tends to repeat itself but i personally dont want this to be the next "cool" case to have.

Kankykur7 said:
i agree with the person who said it looks like a alienware case, almost every detail, even that back cable organizer is almost exactly how it is in the new alienware case. its almost like that other case that a lot of people buy now.

this

they've made so many versions of it that you cant tell who originally came out with it, which i do believe was alienware yes? well history tends to repeat itself but i personally dont want this to be the next "cool" case to have.

nope, chieftec/antec was the first person to sell them, alienware purchased them like everyone else

After looking at that ugly cases thread, I think the Baby Jesus might need a prescription for Prozac.

for some reason the drop ship from Aliens comes to mind... interesting case, wouldn't get one though.

FLECOM said:
nope, chieftec/antec was the first person to sell them, alienware purchased them like everyone else

The alienware predator case is the one with the cable organizer in the back, looks like an alien head.

Thats an cheiftec case, but alienware was first to market with it. Chieftec didn't release the BX series untill after the predator proved it could sell the chassis.
Alienware is doing the same with the ALX series, its a koolance case and parts that koolance is just now releasing to the public.

so do it, mashie :p

sorry... just a fan of your mods... they're uberage.
/bows down

godkillskittencopy4lb.jpg

/me begins to gouge eyes out with fork.

I have a cat that looks just like that

Is it just me, or is everything case-related asus has come out with thus far been really over the top? Check out this, as well. I love their boards/graphics cards/etc, but this other stuff is kinda fugly.

yeah... note the "cooper" heatsink on that star ice hsf you linked to.

:rolleyes: it looks like a koolaid barrel anyways.

I'd rock it. Not as my main rig, but maybe tote it with me to a LAN with a matching monitor, keyboard, and MX1000. All in red, of course.

I'm thinking several linear actuators, make the panels move themselves. Put an LCD screen behind the front hatch, and make the hatch move out and rotate up 180 degrees. Dangit, why'd you have to show me that. :D

With four 5.25-inch and four 3.5-inch drive bays, six PCI slots, one AGP 8x slot, four USB 2.0 ports and two audio ports, users can install a host of optical drives, hard disks, sound cards, LAN cards and peripherals simultaneously.
How do you define the AGP slot to be any different than the PCI stots on a case? So if one had a motherboard that only supported AGP 4x they'd be screwed? No I don't need anyone explaining this to me, it's called sarcasm.

MeanieMan said:
looks like an alien head.

Ya took the words right outa my mouth, when I first saw it, the first thing that it made me thing of was the Alien Head, from the Alien movies and how Sigorne Weaver blowed
blowingup9vu.gif
them up.
PS: Excuse If I missed spelled her Name, I could not remember right at this moment :D
mashie said:
I like.
Can think of a few interesting mods added to it
I must agree with a little imagination and some, okay well a lot of work it just might be a pretty good mod project
iconwhenitsdone9cs.gif

Dre

Does it come with a curling iron and the hair rollers , or it that extra ?

Back