ASUS VE276Q - Backlight Issues?

JasonCz

n00b
I just recently purchased one of the new ASUS 27" monitors from NewEgg in preparation for a triple monitor setup. Most of the reviews I've read about this particular model say everything looks great.

My particular monitor seems to have a backlight bleeding problem on the bottom edge of the screen, which radiates at least 3/8" up the screen on black or near black images. Is this a defect, or should I assume that every VE276Q will have the same problem?

NewEgg said that I could either exchange it, or they would give me a one time credit for the monitor price to buy another model. I love everything else about the screen except for this backlight issue. What should I do?

I got my VE276Q last week and, contrary to the many who rave about this monitor's lack of bleed, mine has noticeable backlight bleed on the edges (particularly the left and right sides). I've decided to keep it because, overall, I still find it to be quite good. The call is yours.

I got my VE276Q last week and, contrary to the many who rave about this monitor's lack of bleed, mine has noticeable backlight bleed on the edges (particularly the left and right sides). I've decided to keep it because, overall, I still find it to be quite good. The call is yours.

Do you think based on the differing reviews, that the QC is bad and there are some good ones and some not-so-good ones going out the door?

Back