Asus Transformer will not sleep

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
I have had my transformer for about 3 weeks now and 90% of the time it will stay awake even though the screen is off. It is draining the battery like crazy because of this, as in wont even last 24 hours when its screen is off.

I have played around with all the settings, I have done a factory reset and the bloody thing is still "Awake" when it should be in sleep mode.

Any ideas?

goto settings>about phone>battery use, see whats using the battery. if it's wifi using the battery, you can tell wifi to turn off when the screen turns off. otherwise I'm not sure, could be defective.

since its not a phone, about phone might be about device or something similar.

Select the clock, see if the music player is still running, that drains my battery like mad if its still on "pause" or running. Other then that I'm not sure, it doesn't sound like a hardware issue to me but you never know.

Under battery use everything is off but unit has a solid blue line for "awake"

Music player is not running either.

Think its defective?

Do you have a widget or service that is running? For the most part "awake" and "screen on" mimic each other, except when my weather widget needs to refresh itself every hour, even if the screen is off. Try going into settings>applications and choose "running" and see what is there.

The thing is its doing even after a factory reset w/o installing any apps.... so I don't think it should be doing it after that correct? There has to be something wrong with it. Still waiting on ASUS to get back to me..

hm, if its doing it right after a factory reset, I'd just return it.

yea, doesnt seem worth it to try to get a work around when you can replace it

Back