ASUS Transformer Book T100 with baytrail

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone using this little gem? I am trying to find a good cheap hybrid small notebook/tablet that can do normal day to day task, handle minecraft and don't starve style games. This Asus T100 looks really solid. Full 8.1, includes Office 2013, reviews say the keyboard is decent, IPS screen, and its gets 8-12 hours battery depending on use. Going to goto Bestbuy tomorrow to check it out. 64GB model is on sale for 347$. Throw in a nice 64GB SD card and you have about 100GB of useable storage which is plenty. Full USB3.0 in the keyboard so a nice small portable drive should be fine.

I've had mine for a few months. I generally like it. Speed is ok given the system specs, and only using an eMMC for a drive (not an ssd). Screen is ok, I have a bit of backlight bleed, but nothing terrible. Battery is pretty good, as is the keyboard, although the right shift key messes me up sometimes. My one main complaint is the angle of the screen when docked (which is 90% of my use), it just doesn't go back quite far enough, leading to hunching over it a little to see the screen clearly.

But it's small (but not too small), light and very portable. And cheap, so if I happen to drop it, I wouldn't go nuts like if it was an $1500 ultrabook.

Back