• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus TF-101 Tablet and keyboard dock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
2,079
I'm selling my Asus TF-101 Tablet and keyboard Dock here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231589740575?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

However, no one is making anymore offers. I paid either about $300 for both the Tablet and keyboard Dock or more back in 2010 I think along with an extended warranty from Geeksquad. The Tablet still has a current update 1 year warranty until 2/01/16 that was purchased this year to extend it beyond the original 3 or five.

Why isn't anyone interested in this tablet aside from it not being officially upgradeable to anything beyond Icecream sandwich even if it can be upgraded to Katkiss from XDA developers if you can find it. Can anyone help? After all it still works great as a kindle read if not more and the only thing that seems to be limiting is the tablets ability to support Google Chrome as Browser is no longer supported, which is a problem because it seems as though you can no longer browse the internet with it.

Am I asking to much because I'm really taking a loss on this at the price it's at and I haven't found a replacement that's much better? The prices here: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Transformer-10-1-inch-Tablet-Included/dp/B004U78J1G and here: https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...&ved=0CIEBELkkahUKEwiMmOyP6tjGAhXRf5IKHVAcDm0 seem to suggest that I'm not.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why isn't anyone interested in this tablet aside from it not being officially upgradeable to anything beyond Icecream sandwich

Sadly, it's just plain outdated, my friend. I have a buddy that bought an $800 Motorola Xoom when those were cool. It's literally holding papers down on his desk, now. It's the nature of technology :(
 
Tablet technology is advancing so fast that it's making last gen stuff basically disposable. We need to wait for it to plateau a bit before you see better price retention.
 
It's mostly because you can get a new tablet for 200, that's better in every way. ICS is 2 major releases old now and most people don't flash 3rd party firmwares.

Also, your thinking isn't quite correct in that you're not taking a loss because you've had the tablet for 5 years. Those 5 years of depreciation factor in to the book value, using the declining balance method (as is normal for computer hardware) it's common to use a 50%/year depreciation value so your tablet has a book value of $18.75.

I suspect you might be able to get between $50 and $90 for it (based on current eBay prices). If you just want it gone set it up as a 1 week auction with a $50 starting value. eBay means you have so many eyes on your sale that it's not going to sell significantly below the best price you could get for it anyway.
 
Sadly, it's just plain outdated, my friend. I have a buddy that bought an $800 Motorola Xoom when those were cool. It's literally holding papers down on his desk, now. It's the nature of technology :(

Yes I agree and it's sad considering how fast things are becoming useless that were once cutting edge not that long ago. This is especially sad when you consider how much better these specs are than a Pentium III or Pentium IV computer from about 10 to 15 years ago that were once the peek of technology especially for the desktop. I mean just the thought that you can hardly accomplish what you need to with the specs of this tablet anymore is depressing and sad. It is making it hard to sell too. Please if anyone is savvy enough to make use of this tablet reply and tell me what you think as well as if you think I should take lower offers. You gotta admit though I'm offering one heck of bargain for this once cutting edge piece of hardware though considering it's still under warranty and for the price I'm offering. In reality all it needs is working software to make it fully functional because the hardware is completely in tacked. By the way I am taking or best offer and my lowest acceptable offer is lower than what you can find else where if this matters or helps.
 
Before I close this thread for good again I want to state in case any other users can see this, which is that Bestbuy said I paid $500 for the tablet and dock combined in 2012 or 11. In other words I'm not making up that I'm taking a loss on this especially when I was only hoping to make up to $150 at the most for both together currently for my listing. I saying this just to show how quickly a tablet, which should be considered decent by today's standards in practically a paper weight because there no software to support it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top