Asus Tablets

BobSutan

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 5, 2000
Messages
12,226
EEE Pad EP101TC and Eee Pad EP121

http://www.pcworld.com/article/197599/asus_new_10_and_12inch_eee_pad_tablets_first_pics.html

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archive..._is_lighter_thinner_faster_than_the_ipad.html

http://www.alltouchtablet.com/touch...ablet-eee-pad-ep101tc-and-eee-pad-ep121-3314/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/asus-eee-pad-official-intel-culv-processors-windows-7-and-a-1/

Does anyone have a release date or pricing on these? None of the articles have either, but they've definitely gotten my attention.


Cliffs:

10" and 12" models
Thinner and lighter than iPad
Windows7
Intel Core Duo CULV
10 hours battery life
 
Last edited:
I would guess with Computex underway, we'll see a lot more info coming out from all sorts of companies. Wouldn't this be better placed in the Mobile Computing subforum?

2 minutes after Engadget posted that link above, there's this one now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/asus-eee-tablet/

Computex must be an insane place to be if you're a tech head right about now. :)
 
I would guess with Computex underway, we'll see a lot more info coming out from all sorts of companies. Wouldn't this be better placed in the Mobile Computing subforum?

2 minutes after Engadget posted that link above, there's this one now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/asus-eee-tablet/

Computex must be an insane place to be if you're a tech head right about now. :)

It was included in the 1st and 3rd links above. If it's cheap enough you'll be seeing a lot of them in schools and office meetings before long.
 
Ah, yeah, I posted as you were editing and adding that 4th link, no big deal.

Still haven't seen anything I'd actually buy myself, oddly. Lots of neat designs and shapes of all kinds but, honestly, even though I can't stand saying it, the form factor I've had in my head for 20+ years for a true "tablet" style device is what Apple ended up using with the iPad.

I'm not saying it's perfect because it most certainly isn't, I'm saying the form factor Apple chose: single body construction, one big piece of aluminum (or magnesium would work just as well and be stronger and lighter, actually), and one big screen (I wish the border was half as wide as it is, however).

I still have some ideas nobody has matched, not even Apple so, it'll be a long time before I ever buy another tablet device. My trusty old Axim X51v is just going to have to continue doing things it was never designed to do, including using SDHC media cards and even running Windows Mobile 6.5.5 currently. ;)
 
Back
Top