ASUS Striker problems CPU INIT

sd11

[H]ard|Gawd
Sorry in advance I realize there have been a slew of striker threads but I can't get this worked out.:mad:

Went to core 2 duo finally and went the striker option and I'm stuck with the "CPU INIT" error on the LED, have NEVER even reached the BIOS.

The system-

Reused parts from old AMD:
4 gb ddr 2 800 corsair dominator
2x evga 8800gts
1x sony DVD drive
2x seagate sata drives
1x lian-li pc 1000v

New parts:
ASUS Striker
Intel Core 2 Duo
pc power and cooling 750 watt

I know the ram is good since it was tested in the past system. I've tried all the sticks in different sockets, 1 stick at a time and no dice.

Is there any way to get into the bios so I can configure this board?

Check the button on the back panel and make sure it's 'out'; by that I mean, it's a two-position button, so when it's been depressed once it kind of catches 'in', so it must be depressed a second time to make sure it pops back out. The internal clear CMOS button is the same. They're a pain in the backside because it's near impossible to ascertain visually which 'position' it's in. Let us know how it goes.

The LED button is out and the LED ligths are not on, ditto with CMOS

Well I got into the bios via using slower ram, then raised voltage enough to get it to boot with all 4gb of corsair.

Got to the OS install and shut it down to grab some other items and make some work space... now fans spin up, still CPU INIT, but nothing... no
, no post

EDIT

back to CPU INIT and nothing, this sucks

Sorry brother, I feel for ya'. I ran a Striker for a few months until the bitch just wouldn't boot one day. Wasn't even OCing at the time, either. Recommend you return the board for a different chipset (680i LT, 650i, or P965). Change motherboard brand if you can, as well. Asus is beginning an "ugly patch" in terms of the (complete lack of) quality of their products and service, like abit went through for a few years, so I personally warn people off at the moment.

Asus Striker and Dominators seem to have many issues you can try them to run at 666 speeds at 2t , upping NB voltage helps a bit too, Gskills work fine OCZ mostly too , just the dominators need fiddling and sometimes not guaranteed to run ....

Have you tried with 2 gigs does the mobo work perfectly then ? 1102 is the latest bios to my knowing, maybe you can flash that too try ....

I get the same Crap with my Comando, Pull all your ram out and clear cmos totally and put only 1 stick of ram back in and try to boot that way. It is the only way mine will boot when it does that to me. I hate the way these new ASUS act sometimes so now I have a DFI INFINITY P695 waiting to be put in :D But try to boot with only 1 gig in it and see if that helps.

I spent hours last night clearing CMOS putting various sticks of RAM into it and trying to get it to boot.. still nothing.

I'd try making some of those changes but I can't even get into the bios... I can't even get the fans to spin. So I'm in desperate need of information on what to do here, short of shrunken monkey heads and magic fairy dust I'm lost.

I'm debating sending it back and getting the abit 680i, it seems to suffer a lot less issues.

Remove all but one dimm , try to pull the battery, many users have brought thier boards back to life with it, pull the battery for half a day, put it back , reset bios then put bios jumper back to default setting, try to boot

I had to pull the battery one time and leave it out over night and it booted for me, seems to be the way these MB's are for some reason. Push the power button too after the battery and cmos jumper are set to clear all power from it. I know how you feel I have had to do this a few times while I was setting mine up for an overclock, it allways seemed to not want too boot, then I would have to do all these steps to get it to reboot into BIOS so I could reset everything.

I had to pull the battery one time and leave it out over night and it booted for me, seems to be the way these MB's are for some reason. Push the power button too after the battery and cmos jumper are set to clear all power from it. I know how you feel I have had to do this a few times while I was setting mine up for an overclock, it allways seemed to not want too boot, then I would have to do all these steps to get it to reboot into BIOS so I could reset everything.

I pulled the battery last night. Now the fans will spin up when I press power but other then that nothing. Fans spin and nothing on the monitor no beeps.

I know it's not the GPU as both cards do the same thing

Make sure you only have 1 dimm in the MB while booting it again.

I've been using one dimm in the 4th slot, since that's the only way I've seen it even post. Still no joy.

I've tried reseating the CPU and other items.

I know the proper voltage settings that I need if I can get in, via the corsair forums, and what it takes to run with what I have. Of course that means fuck all if I can't get into the BIOS.

Still trying to make this work, if push comes to shove I guess I can send it back to newegg eat the 15% fee and get the abit.

You don't have any other Ram to try in it ? I'm wondering if it will boot with a different Brand or maybe a 512 in it.

You don't have any other Ram to try in it ? I'm wondering if it will boot with a different Brand or maybe a 512 in it.

That did the trick, update on the situation:D

I used a stick of el-crapo ddr2 667 from work that only needs 1.8v to run. Put it in slot 4, then cleared CMOS removed battery/power cable and let it sit for 2 hours. Plugged it all back in, turned on PSU and held power button on the board, fans spring to life and I get the big G logo on the screen.:)

Got into bios, set vcore to 1.35, vdimm to 2.125, 4,4,4,12, set v nb to 1.45, shut down. Put in the 4gb of dominator ram, second 8800gts, turned it back on and blamo booted. Loaded up XP last night and asus drivers. Power cycled the computer several times and it turns on every single time:cool:

It is however extremely unstable still and resets quite frequently. But I think I can iron that out with some more tweaking and fiddling. What's important is that it can and does boot properly.

For shits and giggles I cleared CMOS and it went back to CPU init, however the same trick to get back in and set things works. Oddly enough if I try to boot it with one of the dominator sticks in that slot it works at times, other times no dice.

I think raising voltages a bit more will iron out the stability issues, but I'm waiting on an aftermarket HSF and a bay case fan before I push things to far.

I'm a happy camper.

Hi i am someone that want what they deserve for there money like us all,
"STOP" Google asus striker cpu init, WOW how many problems arise this has to be the biggest mess in motherboard history,
stop trying to get the board to boot if it does chances are down the line you are going to have hardware damage of some kind lets just say overheating ram and graphics cards
This was never intended to work in my opinion it was not on the test line long enough and we all got a bad deal and where left feeling very upset.
This is a billion dollar company that has to admit the mistake it has made coning money out of innocent people.
Its a plain and simple scandal and support in uk just does not seem to exist and There RMA well i wont go into the words.
We wont our money back.
Hmm its not going to happen

Thats the same problem I had.You are lucky it did'nt just fry your ram first.

I think you'll find It won't like any ram faster than 6400 now.

I believe this is called "680i bitch mode" :mad:

I had to actually reflash bios to get even the 6400 to work......I'm afraid to try my pc8000.

I wish you luck sir.

I hope it has not fried my PC2-9200 i wont no until my new board arrives ,And its not a asus board :)

Back