Limp Gawd
Come get it people:

Asus Striker Extreme: BIOS 0901

Supposedly fixes are as follows (taken from XtremeSystems.org):

Version 0901 2007/02/14 update
Description Striker Extreme Release BIOS 0901
1. Enhance memory compatibility
2. Fixed power Fan can't work after S3
3. Set DDR2 Termination Max default Votlage to 1.25V (Memory Voltage is 2.5V)
4. Add patch to support Creative X-FI sound Card
5. Speed up S3 resume time
6. Change CopyRight year from 2006 to 2007.
7. Fixed memory clock mode option may disappear when SLI ready memory is used
8. Finetune USB driving
9. Fixed FSB 1333Mhz CPU clock incorrect
10.Fixed sometime the CPU VID table will be dystroyed
11.Fixed Vcore error when CMOS checksum fail
12.Fixed summary page "CPU ID/ucode ID" string will show "CPU ID/uc" instead
13.Update EZ-Flash version to B319
14.Fixed SETUP hang on when trying to modify "Internal Connector LED" item under Triditional Chinese mode
15.Finetune H/W Monitor Voltage warning range
16.Fixed system hang when Music Alarm play length is over 1 hour
17.Lock 'F8' and 'DEL' function key when after entered EZFlash
18.Fixed Music Alarm auto shutdown when using Presler 3.4GHz CPU with WD1200 HDD and ASUS DRW1612BL
19.Fixed system may show "error loading operation system" message when using CHS mode PATA HDD, and set "Access Mode" to CHS at the same time
20.Fix system will report error when there is Legacy floppy is disabled at the same time when SATA ODD is the only device connected to this motherboard
21.Enhance HDD compatibility
22.Change Max FSB to 650MHz on AI-Booster
23.Fixed CPR fail when overclock too much

I'd love to know what other peoples' experiences are with this BIOS. I am hoping this is the BIOS we've been waiting for in terms of improving the useability of this board.

I just realized I've been using the word "hope" a hell of a lot when I've been talking about this board...

Good luck people.. Let us know how you go.

I've just upgraded to 0901 and everything is running great, in fact it seems to boot a little faster, though that could be my imagination :D However, I am currently running everything at stock, so from an overclocking point of view, I can't really say if there's any improvement on that score.

K booted, reset bios, set memory voltage to 2.2 for my OCZ ram. rebooted fine... overclocked E6600 @3600 (1600/800) upped CPU votage to 1.4 , rebooted , bios reported 1.39. Set Bios voltage to 1.4125 , rebooted bios reports 1.4 volts woohooooo, upped to 1.4250 rebooted Bios reads out 1.41, Orthossing now at 3600Mhz at 1.41 volts. Survived already 35minutes now, more testing tomorrow stability wise.

For me this seems great at first view

Hello,

I have tested both the 0901 and the 1002 BIOS update.
My experience so far is not very positive.
0901:
Playing BF 2142 the system hangs after a while (random when).
1002:
Starting BF 2142 during the very first walker Intro the system hangs.
I downgraded back to the 0701 and BF 2142 plays fine.
It does, however, seem to me that the 1002 made the system more stable boot wise (I have a VapoChill LS AC cooling system). The VapoChill and Striker Extreme doesn’t seem to be all that found of each other during a warm reboot. This looks like it might have improved a little bit with the 1002.
My guess is that the Striker Extreme has problems with my Corsair RAM.

O

Hello,

I have tested both the 0901 and the 1002 BIOS update.
My experience so far is not very positive.
0901:
Playing BF 2142 the system hangs after a while (random when).
1002:
Starting BF 2142 during the very first walker Intro the system hangs.
I downgraded back to the 0701 and BF 2142 plays fine.
It does, however, seem to me that the 1002 made the system more stable boot wise (I have a VapoChill LS AC cooling system). The VapoChill and Striker Extreme doesn’t seem to be all that found of each other during a warm reboot. This looks like it might have improved a little bit with the 1002.
My guess is that the Striker Extreme has problems with my Corsair RAM.

O

Weird..I never tried the 0901, but with the1002 I have no problems with BF 2142..played it yesterday...not long, only about a half an hour in single player.

Back