Asus sabortooth x58 upgrade??

asguitarplaya

Limp Gawd
So I have an x58 and looking to upgrade here soon.
What would be a reasonable upgrade from the mother board I already have?
Any tips would help!
Thanks

Budget: nothing outrageous in price lol
Usage: gaming(not extreme) wow, cs and sc
Also I run a lot of music making programs.
Wanna upgrade my chip mainly and I don't think my mother board supports higher chipsets
ohk cool.

Budget?
Usage?
Reason for upgrade?

Not quite sure what improvements you are expecting.
I'm sure you could find someone to tell you otherwise but I really don't see you getting much of an improvement in any of your tasks with upgrading.

Your overclock on your current processor is very high voltage for not that high a clock speed.
I'd say you could get at least close to 4ghz with that.

I heard these chips are fun to overclock but I've never done it,
Guess I'll try it out
Not quite sure what improvements you are expecting.
I'm sure you could find someone to tell you otherwise but I really don't see you getting much of an improvement in any of your tasks with upgrading.

Your overclock on your current processor is very high voltage for not that high a clock speed.
I'd say you could get at least close to 4ghz with that.

I heard these chips are fun to overclock but I've never done it,
Guess I'll try it out

Not quite as easy as the chips kids are using these days but it is far from rocket science.
Also from my experience with a little common sense it is impossible to break anything.

Looking up a tutorial on either a i7 920, i7 930 or i7 950 overclocking will give you a good start.

Yeah with that unlocked blck it makes it easy to OC
I'm looking up a few guides right now, just the matter of making the jump I guess

Not quite as easy as the chips kids are using these days but it is far from rocket science.
Also from my experience with a little common sense it is impossible to break anything.

Looking up a tutorial on either a i7 920, i7 930 or i7 950 overclocking will give you a good start.

I think you would be fine with that chip. You probably wouldn't notice any real life difference in upgrading to 3rd gen for your light gaming and music. Really solid system.

Back