• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus Sabertooth Z77 Raid problem

Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
14
Maybe it's been posted before, but I just built my new Rig with a Sabertooth Z77 with one SDD as my main drive and 4x 3TB Barracuda's as my Raid 5 array....but it seems the MB doesn't recognize the Raid even though I set it up properly in the BIOS. Anyone know what to do?
 
I am having a similar problem trying to setup a Raid 1 with 2 3TB drives and it seems like windows it not reading them properly. You know what would that be??
 
Ok so I'm going to borrow this thread a bit. I'm trying to get raid 0 for 2x2TB drives.

Brown 6gb/s port = 1 SSD OS drive
Black 3gb/s ports = 2x2TB drives

The thing is that Windows 7 64bit is installed on the SSD in AHCI mode. When I change the setting in BIOS
to RAID mode, I can set the drives to RAID 0, BUT windows won't start. It reboots repeatedly.
When I change back to AHCI mode, Windows starts normally, but the RAID setup fails.

Only thing I can think of is that BIOS needs to be in RAID mode BEFORE I install the OS?
I thought someone could maybe confirm this before I start to mess around with it.
EDIT: Oh and I'm running the drives in RAID 0 through windows disk manager...but I feel that I shouldn't have to.
 
Look through the user manual for your motherboard to see which SATA ports are designated for RAID. My guess would be that you don't have all your drives connected to the SATA ports designated for RAID ( I've done it before..)


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
 
Back
Top