ASUS Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 Motherboard Review @ [H]

I'll double check after work when I'm at home, but I believe the ST does have options in UEFI for higher than 1866 memory speeds.

Having used the sabertooth before, I really like the "thermal armor" idea. Given a nice circulating fan I think it's a great way to both actively cool and protect the board components.

The problem I see with this board, though, is the same as I see with the previous sabertooth models: the thermal armor requires a small fan which is a size not targetted in the performance space.

Had they made it 60mm, for example, there are many options for high-quality and quiet fans... in the 35mm space? Not so much.

I updated my firmwarm to 1015 last weekend and lost my X-Fi PCIE soundcard.... Lots of people are having that issue.... Played around with some settings, no dice.. flashed back to 0906, issue fixed...

I updated my firmwarm to 1015 last weekend and lost my X-Fi PCIE soundcard.... Lots of people are having that issue.... Played around with some settings, no dice.. flashed back to 0906, issue fixed...

Wow, good to know. I was getting ready to update from 0906. Guess I'll stay with it for a bit longer.

Just bought the ASUS P77 Sabertooth Mobo and I'm so glad I did. Upgraded from a ASRock P67 - this thing runs like a dream, without a single hitch. Highly recommend.

i bought the p67 sabertooth off craiglsit for $50.....what a steal....he siad it was new,,,i sort of doubt it, but it was geat shape...i really like the board, and all the sensors that come with the board,,,cool...worth the price for that.....

Back