The rig I am describing is in my signature below, the problems are mostly related to the motherboard though with is an Asus Sabertooth 990fx.
My front and rear panel analog audio outputs do not work. I currently get sound through hdmi.
The audio ports seem to have stopped working around the same time I upgraded graphics cards and the AMD HDMI audio driver was installed. I can disable the AMD audio device in device manager, but it provides no help.
The digital realtek (toslink, even though nothing is plugged into them) outputs still show up in windows sound playback devices, as do speakers (analog) but they always show unplugged. With Asus's realtek software all ports also always show unplugged.
This issue has been ongoing for a while now but hasn't been an issue until I wanted to record via Audacity today and could not because there is no listening device for HDMI audio as there is with analog.
The second problem is that my front power and reset lights do not work.
This is a more recent issue and occurred after my motherboard was RMA'ed for a different problem and the same one was sent back but repaired.
These lights previously worked with the identical hardware as what is presently installed. I don't know where to start on this one. Check voltage of motherboard outputs, check lights, something else.
Thanks in advance!
My front and rear panel analog audio outputs do not work. I currently get sound through hdmi.
The audio ports seem to have stopped working around the same time I upgraded graphics cards and the AMD HDMI audio driver was installed. I can disable the AMD audio device in device manager, but it provides no help.
The digital realtek (toslink, even though nothing is plugged into them) outputs still show up in windows sound playback devices, as do speakers (analog) but they always show unplugged. With Asus's realtek software all ports also always show unplugged.
This issue has been ongoing for a while now but hasn't been an issue until I wanted to record via Audacity today and could not because there is no listening device for HDMI audio as there is with analog.
The second problem is that my front power and reset lights do not work.
This is a more recent issue and occurred after my motherboard was RMA'ed for a different problem and the same one was sent back but repaired.
These lights previously worked with the identical hardware as what is presently installed. I don't know where to start on this one. Check voltage of motherboard outputs, check lights, something else.
Thanks in advance!