asus saberthooth,s and memory

ronss

Weaksauce
at the moment, i have a p67 sabertooth , i5-3570k, and pc 1280 memory, or 1600mhz memory....this board, and the z97 sabertooth only supports up to pc 1866mhz memory...why are the new z97 sabertooth not able to use faster memory modules? all the other z97 chipset asus boards support many more faster memory modules.

Because the Sabertooth line is aimed at reliable overclocking, not pushing the system to the absolute limits. Thus the uncharacteristic 5-year warranty, and other improved build quality items.

1866 is a speed that will get you 97% of the performance of 2400, so why support it on a board sold on stability/warranty first, OC and long featurelist second?

thanks...i agree, some other replys i have received from other forums stated the same;)

I have had numerous Sabertooth boards, loved them all, but they are as defaultuser says, aimed at reliable and stable OC. They also tend to support all cpus of a given socket type. When I want to run a Xeon in a desktop, I get a Sabertooth. If you want stupid insane OC control, get a ROG board.

I have the Sabertooth with 2133 memory. In the settings it gives me an option to set it at 2133 and in the manual it states it supports up to that speed. I think it's a manufacturer error when they posted that.

I have the Sabertooth with 2133 memory. In the settings it gives me an option to set it at 2133 and in the manual it states it supports up to that speed. I think it's a manufacturer error when they posted that.

As they update the bios they add more features, manuals get made once and you are lucky if you get an addendum. lol.

As they update the bios they add more features, manuals get made once and you are lucky if you get an addendum. lol.

The box showed it supported 1866 but in the manual it states otherwise and in the settings it gives me all the speeds it will support. I did just get the sabertooth about 3 days ago so maybe they changed the support.

Back