ASUS RT-N66U Questions

jfespinoza

Weaksauce
I bought a RT-N66u router to replace my DLink DGL-4500. I wanted the torrenting features of the asus router and the network HDD & printer features. My issues is I'm using Boxee Box to stream movies from my network HDD to the Boxee. I'm having issues with large MKV files stopping and buffering every 5-10min if the files is over GB.

What should the setting of the router be at to optimize the performance of the router?

I also purchased a TrendNET TEW-680MB wireless network bridge thinking that may help with transferring data between the network. But I was wrong, the bridge actually slowed down the boxee on the network.

Any suggestions?

The thing with most routers that offer network storage is that they are all slow(mostly). The N66 can only do 12MB/s reads off the hard drive and then going to wireless just hurts it more. Can you watch that movie on a regular pc without issue or how about using a cable to the boxee?

The reason the performance was worse with the bridge is that they effectively cut the link speed in half.

Back