Asus RT-AC66U not seeing NAS

smckdwn989

Limp Gawd
So my setup has been built around playing nice with my Uverse Gateway. Basically the Router is hooked into a Lan port to the gateway and I have enabled DMZ-Plus to disable the firewall on the gateway's end. Wireless on the gateway has been turned off.

My issue is if I try and plus my Thecus N4100 pro into the router, it doesn't see it at all. The only way I can get my N4100 pro to work is to plug it directly into the gateway with my desktop pc and in that case the gateway wireless has been turned off only my desktop pc see's the nas...

It's definitely not ideal, and I am not sure what to do. I wanted to be able to use this router to do the bulk of the pc related things and only have the gateway handle uverse tv (WAP)...

What router port is plugged in to the gateway? The WAN/internet port?
What's the WAN IP of the router and did you setup port forwarding, if that's the port you have plugged in to the gateway.

Why don't you just hook your desktop up to the router instead of the gateway? You didn't mention that, unless I'm just missing something from your post.

did you try small net builder forums? those guys know routers inside and out.

Back