ASUS ROG Swift G-Sync Problems

p0lish

Gawd
Hi all, for some reason my two ROG Swifts will not do g-sync. I either get black flicker like pictured in the video, or in League of Legends i get crazy lag/rubber banding. I was just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Video of Issue
https://youtu.be/TPAkt4t94YA

System Specs
(2) Asus Swift ROG
5820k i7
EVGA 980
16GB RAM

I'm running windows 10 pro 64 bit, with the latest nvidia drivers installed. I have tried removal/clean install/ect.

thanks <3

might not help you but had issues once (black screen flicker with frame pausing) but ended up being the videocard for some reason.

980ti sli, swapped card positions and it went away

have you tried a different cable or a different displayport?

G-sync only works through Displayport. You will not get G-sync if you are using one ROG Swift on Displayport and 1 without it. Only one display will enable G-sync mode.

Both are on dual display port through the 980. ROG Swifts do not have HDMI.

Update, if i disable one of the monitors and run g-sync, i have no issues. Both Monitor 1 & Monitor 2 work alone. If both are enabled, g-sync is broken and i get the flickering as seen in the video. I feel like i might be SOL, but can't be the only guy with 2 g-sync monitors.

Progress? I was running Display Fusion Pro and somehow that was breaking everything. I've uninstalled it, and i can use g-sync as long as nothing happens on the second monitor. For example, if i'm fullscreen in Battlefront on Monitor 1 and i try to have Spotify open on the 2nd montior, i'll get the flickering. Progress i suppose.

Last edited:
Well I don't know what to tell you.

I run 2 ROG Swifts on my 980 Ti SLI setup without issue. I can have whatever I want running on the second one and it's fine.

unrelated but a problem i've been having since getting a PG278Q; do any of your games minimize shortly after launching whilst running gsync?

unrelated but a problem i've been having since getting a PG278Q; do any of your games minimize shortly after launching whilst running gsync?

I had that problem after I installed the Samsung Magician software.

I haven't had flickering that bad but here's something to try that I recently found when messing around with my acer monitor. Find out what bone stock clocks the 980 comes with. You may have to put in negative values in the gpu program to achieve this. Then run it and see if it persists.

Back