Asus Rog Strix G15CE case possible solutions

motolube

Gawd
So my son bought a Combo from BB yesterday in order to get the 3070 GPU that came with it. I have not really gone through it all fully but It also came with an i7-11700F + Asus rog strix b560-g gaming wifi Mini ATX Mobo + 16GBs of Ram (8GBs x 2... unclear on what brand/model yet), Asus 650 modular PSU (IDK which specifically) so I am going to keep it.

Now onto the problem and questions... This has to be the cheesiest Case I have even seen (and tried to work with) for a so called Gaming Rig and more so from what I thought was a reputable Company. This thing came with the OEM CPU cooler and 1, yes you read it correctly, ONE 90mm fan in the back.

Checked the whole box it came in, which BTW, very beautiful and slick but here was no manual to be found and even going online, the manual didn't tell me or help me open the front and top panels.

1.- Wanting to add a few more fans, I tried to open the front w/o breaking the whole thing, it wasn't easy but I did it not w/o issues as the power button came lose (loose?) and of course God only knows how they assembled it so the best thing I did was pull it to the side of the cases and use it manually or directly. Anyways, there are no holes or slots available to add any fans to the front.

2.- Read somewhere (after googling it for a while) that the top had 2 screws before it would open, found 1 on the back (easy enough to find, but couldn't found the 2nd one). I am sure that had I not been pretty pissed off by this time, I could have found it. LOL

I'm going to be using this case in a well ventilated room and I have a Cooler Master CPU Cooler that Thank God for this forum I found here for a very good price but I was wondering if you Wiz guys know of a simple way of adding more fans to it. Last thing I want to do is having to swap everything from my old rig to this one and vice versa but it is sounding more and more like the route I am going to have to take. :(

Can you take some decent pics of the top vent area, as well as the inside/front?

Looks like there are plenty of holes. If there aren't spots to put screws or the rubber screws, I'm sure you could zip tie some fans pretty cleanly.

I just snapped this pic from a youtube video. Does the inside of your case look like this? This is an Asus case from about 7 months ago. if it looks like that----plenty of holes up top and front, to mount fans.

AsusCase.jpg

You know what, I keep forgetting that in life, there are simpler ways to find a solution for a problem. I am not sure if it looks exactly like that but close enough.

Now I only see 4 visible holes in the top for a possibility of 6 holes so this means that only 1 more fan could be installed (if the 120mm fans I have fit perfectly), if not, the zip tie way will probably have to do but again, I need to check if I could fit 2 on top. Perhaps even 2 in the front but definitely with zip ties.

Edit: I was unable to find the second screw that the top cover is supposed to have so that's going to make the top install a bit of a PITA but will find a way even if I have to poke a hole to it.

Last edited:
For this case, I would probably put an intake up front, an exhaust up top and then test the rear as exhaust vs. intake.

If I can rig two 120mm fans as you are suggesting and throw in the Corsair A500 CPU cooler that should be arriving today, I may just keep it and not bother having to go through the ordeal of swapping guts from one rig to the other. This one will have better ventilation anyways and less dust coming at it.

Corsair A500

Ok so this is Definately NOT my rig (I wish ;)) but this is pretty much what the case + mobo install looks like and as you will see, there's very little room there for a fan, let alone 2 and while there is room at front for two (rigged with zipties) there are only so many fan adaptor (to hook-up the fans?).

k2Z2Fdi.jpg

One thing I did learn is that this case comes with some Pre-mounted IO shield + heatshields around the CPU so the room is getting pretty crowd already. Then the box for the Corsai A500 comes in and Holy Godzilla Batman, this things is SUPER DUPER MEGA HUMONGOUS and I mean it has some serious HUGENESS. I initially thought it was just the case it came in, you know, for protection but as soon as I opened it I new I was screwed, they should sell this with a warning that unless you own a Coffin for a Case, you can not and will not be able to install this beast.

Just presenting the A500 above the case, 1/4 of it would be outside, if I have to install it, I would probably say that 1/2 the case will be out rendering the glass cover useless. This is going to kill me but I am going to have to return it and figure something out with just the fans. Perhaps, buying a PC fan splitter I will be able to connect all 3 additional fans I rigged to it. Perhaps even another 90mm fan at the bottom of the one in the back (like this case has here). Hell, now that I see this case better, there is room for 2 at the bottom as well. Hmmmm, I am definately returning the big Ape A500.

This is turning out to be the project you never want to start but have to. :p

My laptable will arrive today, hopefully that will make me a bit happier because playing the games from the comfort of my couch is not as much fun as I thought I was going to have. My setup with the couch is not ergonomically correct to put it mildly. :cautious:

Back