Asus ROG PG348Q BLB

cmacclel

Limp Gawd
I just picked one up from Microcenter the salesman said if it had bad BLB come back and exchange it. I know all of them are going to have BLB but for the people that have one what do you think of mine?

IMG_0749-vi.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with it. It looks fine to me. You may want to grab another one and compare it if you're unhappy. Microcenter is good with returns.

How's scaling to to lower resolutions in games?

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with it. It looks fine to me. You may want to grab another one and compare it if you're unhappy. Microcenter is good with returns.

How's scaling to to lower resolutions in games?

I only have run it at it's native resolution powered by a 980to OC'd to 1500Mhz and it stays at 100 FPS most of the time and looks awesome.

IMO it looks not too bad at all, what brightness setting though (at brightness 75'ish this would be fantastic, at 30'ish it would be decent). as usual BLB is directly linked at what brightness is set to, if still uncalibrated out of box it would be wise to first set it to roughly suitable value depending what kind of environment it will be used in, typically 15~35 (perhaps even lower if you're one of those basement dwellers in darkened room) or so range depending in room lighting settings on modern gaming high refresh rate monitors.

Last edited:
That's actually good. Mine is like that too and it's not too bad in person. Try another one if it has less BLB if you're not happy. Good luck!

The most ridiculous thing about this monitor is the stand. I have a 36" deep desk and even all the way back it sits practically in the middle which is to close.

I just shut G-sync off and played a few rounds of Titanfall didn't notice any difference. I guess that is because it pretty much stayed at 100FPS? Debating if I should try the new Samsung 34" 100hz monitor but can't believe it's only a 1 year warranty.

grab it, side by side the samsung and asus.. Im very interested in the samsung... Id lose Gsync, but its half the price.. and im okay with that if it games well..

grab it, side by side the samsung and asus.. Im very interested in the samsung... Id lose Gsync, but its half the price.. and im okay with that if it games well..

Half the price? The Asus was on sale last week so their the same price for me $999

Damn my local Microcenter just got in 3

Samsung C34F791

Gah, why no microcenter in Flo Rida :-(

I have been on the Samsung pre-order list for this stupid thing for ages! Got an email saying should ship around early Jan 2

Looks fine to me man. People get so bent out of shape about the BLB on a blank screen but I mean come on, you can't tell me for two seconds that you notice it AT ALL when you are acutally looking at content whether it be in a game or in Windows when there's actually stuff on the screen. I have an X34 and it's close to what yours looks like on a blank black screen but honestly in my daily usage I've never noticed it beyond that one scenario.

Your right during regular use it's not a big deal. I do see it in game load screens and watching video's. I have the new Samsung in the trunk I will compare in a couple hours.

Your right during regular use it's not a big deal. I do see it in game load screens and watching video's. I have the new Samsung in the trunk I will compare in a couple hours.
I have heard people say some just literally notice BLB more than others for some reason.

I actually have one dead pixel on my X34, happened about 8 months after owning it. For a couple of weeks ALL I could do was just stare at it and it aggrevated me so much. A month or so later now and I don't even look at/notice it anymore.

Back