ASUS ROG Maximus VI Extreme Demonstrates Overclocking Supremacy

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers, or ROG, today announced that the Intel® Z87-based Maximus VI Extreme motherboard dominated the competition at the Computex Taipei 2013 overclocking summit sponsored by Intel® and Corsair®. Additionally, the board tallied eight world performance records at a separate gathering that took place at ASUS headquarters, all mere days after its official launch. Competing against top-tier overclocking motherboards from a variety of brands, Maximus VI Extreme took ten out of eleven top spots at the Intel® and Corsair® Computex OC Main Event.

Ordered the G1.Sniper5 last week but the availability date keeps changing. Checked last night and the Maximus VI Extreme was in stock so I cancelled the Sniper5 and ordered the Maximus. Should be here next week.

Confirming that my browser is oh-so-much faster on an overclocked rig!

Love me some Asus motherboards. Articles like this show me why I'm right to do so.

For those of you that missed the announcement last week, ASUS' Z87-based RoG Maximus VI Extreme set multiple world records, took ten out of eleven top spots at the Intel / Corsair Computex OC Main Event and even hit 7.1GHz with a new Core i7-4770K processor. Check out the screenshots HERE.

The Intel® Z87-based Republic of Gamers Maximus VI Extreme motherboard took ten out of eleven top spots at the Intel® and Corsair® Computex OC Main Event, while helping renowned overclockers establish a total of eight new world records. Further demonstrating ASUS and Republic of Gamers (ROG) dedication to delivering the most overclock-friendly boards on the market, Maximus VI Extreme played host to a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor running at 7.1GHz and four-DIMM DDR3 clocked at 3957MHz. Records were also set in 3DMark01, 3DMark05, 3DMark06, SuperPi 32M, PiFast, and AquaMark3. These came days after the motherboard launched at Computex Taipei 2013.

7.1GHz is impressive, well done, wonder how long they can sustain those clocks...until the dry ice runs out?

2 cores, 2 threads.

It's Haswell. How about 4 cores, 8 threads?

7.1GHz is impressive, well done, wonder how long they can sustain those clocks...until the dry ice runs out?

Makes me wonder just how far they could push temporary "turbo boost" operation. Let the processor ramp up basically ungoverned. There are many single-threaded tasks that have the need for speed. This is evident all the time to any power user who is still waiting for the PC that does not make them wait on it.

Take that EVGA! :p

Honestly, anyone who thinks that EVGA motherboards can even hold a candle to Asus is deluded. I am sure that KingPin will set some records but honestly, who cares. I picked up a X79 Classified when they debuted and that will be the last EVGA mainboard I ever use for my rigs. Crappy Bios, and hardware bugs.

Great motherboard for sure but what impressed me the most was the GTX Titan Andre Edition. FIVE friggin' PCIe connectors! :eek:

this reminds me of the 8150 oc they were doing with 1 module.

ya but the Fx processor have a major advantage with extreme cooling, they don't get cold bugs. You can also mod the motherboard or use P-Check to make the processor sit in its idle state, to get super cold, then at a split second increase to full clock and get a validation off etc....

Meh, for every day use, Haswell overclocks so shitty it doesn't matter that much what motherboard you use.

Back