Asus rog impact viiii ports

ejohnson

n00b
So I have one of these motherboards and Im trying to figure out what all the extra pins on the motherboard are.

I know the standards usb3, fan headers, fan extension card header, sata.

But there are some that have no documentation and Im wondering what they are for.

the 2 red circles are what I am trying to figure out.
I know on the top left, the bottom right 2 pins are for the external temp sensor, not sure what the 4 pins to the left or the 2 pins above are for.
Then the right middleish set of 4 pins

54KwWgyRo5uH9ugKMq8VxQUwgPrI6u68tXyNEfxFrG_A7PAmUQiBOCGh2TAwFu42vd7McZxDhdPlKsLCZ5u5BVrtLwra0XSVVemgKzRk5dke_4K7ZZx6oFvnv7kBGreUOcTntZA=w1246-h876-no

Anyone know what they are for?

top left, voltage check points maybe?! see the little solder pads above the pins. the bottom right, speaker header.

Page 21, 52

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb..._IMPACT/E10809_MAXIMUS_VIII_IMPACT_UM_WEB.pdf

Shows the one on the side to be a 4 pin speaker. Haven't seen anything on the top 4 pins yet.

thanks, guess I dont need that 4 pin

top left, voltage check points maybe?! see the little solder pads above the pins. the bottom right, speaker header.

hmmm, voltage check could be

This is actually a error in the manual :( I plugged the temp sensor into what they say is the temp sensor, doesnt work. SO I googled it and found its actually the 2 pins below what they call the temp sensor thats actually the temp sensor :)

Back