ASUS RoG Announces Stunning G550JK Gaming Notebook

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announces the G550JK gaming notebook, a compact powerhouse with acrisp 15.6-inch display that offers all the benefits associated with the award-winning ROG notebook range in an even more portable form factor. Powered by the latest 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors, and featuring an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 850M GPU that can be overclocked thanks to ASUS TurboMaster technology, the G550JK provides the ultimate gaming-on-the-go experience. In a collaborative effort, the G550JK was used to scale Mt. Elbert, the highest peak of the Rocky Mountains, in an attempt to set the world record for highest elevation LAN party.

Pretty f'ing nice. HD IPS display? They're trying to compete with Dell's Alienware and doing it at a nice price. Only 6lbs too. Needs Blu-Ray drive though. Boo Windows 8.

Needs Blu-Ray drive though. Boo Windows 8.

Disagree. Unnecessary bloat and would only add to size/dimensions and weight. I haven't touched physical media in years and I suspect I'm not alone.

Windows 8 is fine with a start menu replacement like StartIsBack.

Highest LAN party? Are they kidding? There is no way they could possibly hold a candle to how high some of the people were at LAN parties in the 90s... Woops...

Back