ASUS ROG Announced the Latest and Greatest in Gaming Tech

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers today hosted the Join the Republic press event at Computex 2016, marking its first full decade of premium gaming innovation and market leadership — and unveiling a new line-up of elite gaming gear. Unveiled today for the first time was ROG Avalon, a proof-of-concept build that envisions the future of gaming PCs beyond the standard form-factors. Product reveals included Rampage V Edition 10, a celebratory refresh of ROG’s flagship gaming motherboard, and G31 and GX800 — respectively the world’s most-powerful compact gaming desktop and gaming laptop. Also shown for the first time were Swift PG248Q, a super-narrow-bezel gaming monitor with an overclockable 180Hz refresh rate, the Centurion gaming headset that delivers true 7.1-channel surround sound, and XG Station 2, an innovative external graphics dock.

Strix was also introduced as the newest recruit to Join the Republic, with ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 revealed as the first gaming graphics card to carry the ROG Strix branding. Commenting on ROG’s decade at the top, ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih, said: “I’m incredibly proud of ROG’s achievements over its first 10 years, and today’s announcement demonstrates that our commitment to extreme performance and gaming superiority is undiminished. I guarantee that ROG’s second decade will be every bit as exhilarating. Today is a celebration of our success — and proof that ROG’s epic innovation and dominance continues at full strength."

I was really interested in the ROG Claymore....

HOwever I've since I bought my other keyboard now (got tired of waiting)...

Their Strix 1080 is shaping up to be great it seems. Asus seems to be one of the few that's offering custom 1080GTX solutions that aren't on the overpriced bandwagon. Really wanted an MSI, but the one I wanted turns out will be like 700 dollars and isn't anything special.

Asus is offering damn near the same thing for less. Also have my eye on EVGA due to their supposed excellent support. *shrugs* I'll start to really pay attention or care in about a month when hopefully stock shows up on a regular basis.

Why do they announce all of the good stuff on the first half of computex when my ticket is for the second half??? :cry:

Computex 2016

I know there's quite a lot of stuff happening at Computex

But might I request you guys look into GeiL's new evo-x rgb ram

They have an rgb header which I would hope to route under a ROG Formula VIII armor to the aura connector

Woohoo more asus rog stuffed with tons of shit no one needs and doesnt want. Give me a solid board with real features and good overclocking, leave the other crap on the floor along with the price. ;)

Why in the hell does everything have to have RGB these days? I hope you can turn that shit off...

Why in the hell does everything have to have RGB these days? I hope you can turn that shit off...

I am actually more surprised at the fact that EVERY brand is RGB'ing at the same time, not scattered.

Would you have preferred white?

Lights in Form of led's or cathodes aren't exactly new

What's new is that you can change the color when you like
And while yes of course you can switch it off, you might remember that there is a load of stuff, boards, ram,... without any light at all

What's the difference between this and the "old" z170 sabertooth?
Basically only light

If there's a more simple look any one is after, well there's plenty of that

What's the difference between any 500$ board and a 50$ one?
If it uses an Intel chip, only looks, stuff you might never need and if you can overclock

A 6700k will perform the same way on a cheap board, than it does on an expensive one (well minus turbo boost in cheaper boards)
Or at least within the margin of error

Bottom line
No interests in light?
Then why complain?
It's cheaper without and performs the same

But I have a case where I can see everything
So why not if I'm so inclined
Hell my wife likes it

I'm gonna be in the market for a 1080 soon, and the Asus Strix is admittedly at the top of my list.

I'm gonna be in the market for a 1080 soon, and the Asus Strix is admittedly at the top of my list.
You and me both. I tried to grab a 1080 from Micro Center on release day and ended up with an open box Zotac AMP 980ti. I can't say that I'm disappointed. My daughter will get the 980ti as soon as the Strix 1080 is available and in my hands.

Back