ASUS ROG Ally X rumored to cost $799, only Ryzen Z1 Extreme version planned

erek

[H]F Junkie
Anyone else pre-ordering?

1715612295780.png

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-ro...ost-799-only-ryzen-z1-extreme-version-planned

If I was in the market I'd rather just wait and see what new Valve will do with future Deck versions.
Honestly I’d just rather the new Switch, I can play the PC at home when I’m out and about or lounging sometimes simple is better and it doesn’t get much simpler than Nintendo.

Honestly I’d just rather the new Switch, I can play the PC at home when I’m out and about or lounging sometimes simple is better and it doesn’t get much simpler than Nintendo.
Switch 2 or Switch OLED?

800 for the same product with a bigger battery?

they high? tf is going on.

buy the original & a battery pack to attach to it to make it into this product (since this is thicker anyways)

What if you can play Switch 2 games on Asus Rog? It wouldn't shock me if a Switch 2 emulator emerges within a year of release.

What if you can play Switch 2 games on Asus Rog? It wouldn't shock me if a Switch 2 emulator emerges within a year of release.
It would shock me. Nintendo does not play. They will smite anyone and anything that pulls that out so soon.

It would shock me. Nintendo does not play. They will smite anyone and anything that pulls that out so soon.
The past 30 years says otherwise. Yuzu may have been shut down but it turns out they were doing some terrible things in the background. The Yuzu guys were exchanging roms openly. Other than Super Nintendo, we've seen emulators come out during the consoles life cycle. UltraHLE was released soon after Ocarina of Time was released. Dolphin was released 2 years after the GameCube was released, and because the Wii was just and overclocked GC, it was emulated immediately by Dolphin. The WiiU saw CEMU which was released right in the middle of it's short life cycle. The Switch saw an arms race between Yuzu and Ryujinx, but Yuzu was first to emulate Mario Odyssey. If the Switch 2 is using another Nvidia chip, which would likely be based on ARM, then it's likely that existing Switch emulators will be the backbone to emulate Switch 2. Especially if Nintendo uses the OS from the Switch, which was also based on the 3DS. The Switch 2 is likely based on the T239, which in itself is based on the T234, which is used in the Jetson Orin Nano. Which is interesting since most of these x86 portable gaming devices runs on some variant of AMD's 7840U, which is built on 4nm, while the T234 is built on 8nm. AMD's 7840U pull 16.3 Watts while the T234 has a 15 Watt power mode, so power consumption will be interesting. The T234 is built on the older RTX 30-series, which probably means no Nvidia frame generation or DLSS3. Nintendo would likely use their own based on FSR, cause that's what everyone else does. Unless Nvidia significantly beefs up the T239, I don't see the Switch 2 being competitive against devices like the Asus Rog Ally, but who buys Nintendo hardware for anything but the games?

They are only competing with.... themselves?? (Spoken with a Stewie upward inflection)

Back