asus rma or tradeup?

caysi0207

n00b
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
46
Hi guys,


I have the Asus P5B-E rev1.01g.. I was wondering if anyone have had any experience or know if it's possible I can switch this mobo revision to 1.02g through Asus? This is because ram voltage is maxed at 2.1v for the rev1.01g.. I can RMA through the local vendor I got it from, but they want a 15% restocking fee, and I would have to change to something like the P5B Deluxe.

I'm not sure if asus offers anything like this? Asus is like 25-30mins away from me. I know Abit did this for me a couple times..all I had to do was buy the guy lunch :)
 
stop wasting time and keep what you have... If you have some time do a volt mod on the vdimm and it have better voltage than 1.02...
 
Marvelous said:
stop wasting time and keep what you have... If you have some time do a volt mod on the vdimm and it have better voltage than 1.02...

first rule I've learned is..it never hurts to ask, worst thing u could do is not ask then find out later that you could've done something another way ..so on and so forth..

I've read about the volt mods.. but I havent found one for this board that I could see and use. I only found it on one forum, and the pics that were posted no longer showed up. Besides that, i've never done a volt mod, and kind of wary of that.
 
caysi0207 said:
first rule I've learned is..it never hurts to ask, worst thing u could do is not ask then find out later that you could've done something another way ..so on and so forth..

I've read about the volt mods.. but I havent found one for this board that I could see and use. I only found it on one forum, and the pics that were posted no longer showed up. Besides that, i've never done a volt mod, and kind of wary of that.

You gotta start somewhere... Why not do it now..
 
Back
Top