ASUS RMA. Broken Fan Blade

rc3ilynt

Limp Gawd
Well I have an ASUS R9 280x and unfortunately one of the fan had some of its blades break off while I was clearing the card of dust. I've talked to ASUS chat and they've said they could RMA it no problem under warranty but reading the warranty it states:

This ASUS warranty does not include failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non- ASUS modifications to the product, any software programs, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside ASUS’ control.

They wouldn't offer to sell me the fan and they're not the easiest fans to find so I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this problem?

I don't know about Asus, but I broke a fin off the fan of my Sapphire 280x and they wouldn't cover it over warranty.

Oh well.

I just super glued a broken fin back on my 6950 and it works great on my kids system.

Not that it's ever happened to me, but I'd imagine wiping off blades individually after compressed air doesn't quite get the caked-on dust might cause them to break.

This is exactly what happened. I even used a q-tip but I guess the blades were more fragile than I thought.

I just super glued a broken fin back on my 6950 and it works great on my kids system.

Did it stay on even at high rpms?

i should try this on one of the 4x 120mm yate loons with broken blades i have laying around. friggin things are FRAGILE.

It's an ASUS.... better off just buying a replacement fan assembly off of Ebay.

If you send it in to ASUS, you will most likely have one of 2 things happen.

They will send you back a dead card or they will tell you that it is physically damaged and they will not cover it.

Unscrew the shroud and use your own fans.
It's easier than RMA'ing and you get better fans. Win-win.

Back