ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces the Crossblade Ranger

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the Crossblade Ranger, the first AMD® FM2+ motherboard to carry the revered ROG brand name, packed with game-boosting features for an AMD-based gaming powerhouse that is beyond compare. The Crossblade Ranger’s core benefits include the best gaming networking with Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, the best gaming audio from SupremeFX 2014, the best gaming interface with KeyBot and the best gaming performance.

ROG’s Auto-Tuning technology enables the Crossblade Ranger to unleash the true power of AMD APUs with just few mouse clicks. Thanks to the TPU microprocessor (Turbo Processing Unit), the Auto-Tuning routine applies a CPU overclock without need to enter UEFI - perfect for users that are new to the platform. For users that prefer manual control, the TPU microprocessor and bundled Turbo-V application allows real-time voltage adjustments within the Windows operating system to simplify the process of overclocking a system. Naturally, the ROG UEFI is also chock-full of overclocking functions that help squeeze every ounce of performance from the AMD FM2+ platform.

goat-whats-the-point.jpg

If you're getting a high end mobo you think you'd get an Intel processor...

Let me put a lawn mower engine in my Lotus frame.

Crossblade Ranger is the most insane name for a piece of computer hardware I've ever come across. FFS is a motherboard, the only thing more boring than that is a PSU. Just give it a letter/number designation and move along.

What the fuck is a crossblade ranger anyway?

and the Asus Sketchfu Swingblock.

shame its missing sata express.

when will board manufacturers start to use the other eight PCIe lanes on the APU?

the chinese like to use a lot of pretense in their advertising. probably why transformers 4 did so well over there.

The AMD APU platform isn't that bad for the money. Some people want a good motherboard to go along with the setup for the features and the like.

this thing is going to be expensive. apu and expensive are two words that do not belong together. as far as atx a88x chipset boards go, the $100 gigabyte sniper board should do just fine and be as much as any apu user should have to spend.

The AMD APU platform isn't that bad for the money. Some people want a good motherboard to go along with the setup for the features and the like.

Agreed - there is a target customer base, it just happens for most of the power users it isn't a good fit since we typically will already have a dGPU (or 2).

My best friend runs Casio timepiece division out of Dover, NJ. He has no say in marketing of names for watches. He said the Japanese have NO CLUE about naming product for the US market. BTW....It was an American that named G-SHOCK (go figure)

Seems like a pointless product its gonna really depend on where they price it at. When asus goes all name crazy they hike up the prices.

Introducing the new Maximus Rampage Crosshair Crossblade Extreme Formula Gene Hero Ranger

This seems kind of pointless on a lower end socket… unless AMD decides to release a higher end FM2+ CPU, but I think we're gonna need to wait until FM3 for that. Which would mean this board is pointless.

Back