ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG348Q Curved Monitor

What would be the point in running 2 of these?

When I first read about the Dell U3415w this was one the first images I ever saw, and I've just been intrigued ever since. 2 of these bad boys with Gsync and the possibility of running higher than 60 frames....I dunno. Dream big, right? I was picturing playing No Man's Sky with a setup like that.

CompPhotoLow_3_740337185.jpg

When I first read about the Dell U3415w this was one the first images I ever saw, and I've just been intrigued ever since. 2 of these bad boys with Gsync and the possibility of running higher than 60 frames....I dunno. Dream big, right? I was picturing playing No Man's Sky with a setup like that.

CompPhotoLow_3_740337185.jpg

Yeahhhh that's pretty bad ass. /me wants

I just came off of AMD this saturday. Crimson loads a whole helluva lot faster than nVcp does. Also, I should mention since 2001 and a Radeon 7500 64MB AGP, I've never once had a problem with AMD/ATi drivers.

And yet I've been on and off AMD since the first Radeon, and I've seen all kinds of shit. Their driver team is a running joke, despite occasional advances, and we still see day 1 game support from Nvidia with WHQL drivers that AMD lacks even in beta drivers. AMD is trying, but Nvidia is trying harder.

Have no issues with drivers, what issues have you had? Xdma works better than nVidia sli Solution. My crossfire is smoother than sli all day. Speaking from experience here

My last foray was with HD6950's; basically, running them as a pair was shit, no two ways about it. A single, technically slower GTX670 replaced them and provided a *far* better experience.

So yes, speaking from experience, as I went to SLI, a singly 970, and then 970 SLI, Nvidia has had better day 1 driver support and better multi-GPU driver support the whole time.

And I don't take the 'what problems have you had I haven't had any' argument seriously. Neither of us are representative of the whole market, and you cannot deny that AMD still struggles with driver support.

My last foray was with HD6950's; basically, running them as a pair was shit, no two ways about it. A single, technically slower GTX670 replaced them and provided a *far* better experience.

So yes, speaking from experience, as I went to SLI, a singly 970, and then 970 SLI, Nvidia has had better day 1 driver support and better multi-GPU driver support the whole time.

And I don't take the 'what problems have you had I haven't had any' argument seriously. Neither of us are representative of the whole market, and you cannot deny that AMD still struggles with driver support.

most people that have these problems usually are user error. People with all kinds of crap on their pc that breaks things. I use my gaming pc for gaming and nothing else maybe that's why I barely have issues.

And you used cards which just went legacy I believe. So crossfire has evolved heavily since then ando utilizes different technology.

I don't play games day one because that's a waste of time on nvidia or amd. So that point is moot in my eyes

most people that have these problems usually are user error. People with all kinds of crap on their pc that breaks things. I use my gaming pc for gaming and nothing else maybe that's why I barely have issues.

And you used cards which just went legacy I believe. So crossfire has evolved heavily since then ando utilizes different technology.

I don't play games day one because that's a waste of time on nvidia or amd. So that point is moot in my eyes

You can call it user error; no one can refute that. But I can state that the system was built (and rebuilt) for gaming first, several times. The issues I had were widely reported, and required fixes both in drivers and in game software in order to get AMD hardware to function as designed. I haven't seen that with Nvidia since I've switched back this time.

Further, I absolutely can play games day 1- that's worth something to me.

Looks good with the view off-axis, but, unless you're going to play looking slightly left or right the whole time, two screens are simply unusable for anything with a centric viewpoint.

You can call it user error; no one can refute that. But I can state that the system was built (and rebuilt) for gaming first, several times. The issues I had were widely reported, and required fixes both in drivers and in game software in order to get AMD hardware to function as designed. I haven't seen that with Nvidia since I've switched back this time.

Further, I absolutely can play games day 1- that's worth something to me.

Understandable

Understandable

I'll also say this: had the AMD cards not been crap in Crossfire (and yes, I do realize that AMD has done a lot of work revamping this), I wouldn't have replaced them early. The driver stuff got figured out eventually, and waiting to play stuff absolutely does not break my heart; on the other hand, Nvidia cards in SLi have been surprisingly trouble-free.

Back