ASUS Rampage IV Formula.......when?

magoo

[H]F Junkie
Anybody (ASUS Reps...;);)) know when this motherboard is going to be released?
My new build is ready and waiting on this particular board.....:D

On another related front.....I've been reading as much as I can find about the X-Socket that is included in the kit......what I cant seem to find out is.......

if you remove the S2011 backplate and place the 1366 X-Socket backplate, do you then have the holes exposed, or do you screw your cooler into threads like the standard S2011 plate???

I screw my cooler into the 2011 threads. I'm currently using a CM 212+ EVO with their 2011 hold down bracket and I have 2011 pins on order for my Apogee XT WC block.

aw..........come on.......somebody knows something?;)

I too am planning a new build based on the Rampage IV Formula so I've been searching for all the info I can find.

FUD ALERT!!!
This is almost certainly not accurate. Do NOT rely on it in any way.
Sometime in the last few days I saw the board listed on a retailers website with pricing. Availability was stated as Dec. 2nd, 2011.
That's right, tomorrow.
I think it was an Austrailian site but I am not certain.
With this Info and a few dollars you could buy a cup of coffee.

I'm in the same boat.

My local retailer doesn't even have an ETA....And either can't or won't talk to his ASUS rep....all I want is an ETA but it's like this is under an NDA or something.

grr

:mad:

edit : I'm actually waiting on a rampage iv extreme , but the problem is the same.

Last edited:
Scan.uk is showing it available to purchase now. Haven't been able to get any confirmed info on availability in the US yet but the board should of been showing up this week or next.

Last edited:
Is this going to take 1155 or only the 2011/1366?

Last edited:
I screw my cooler into the 2011 threads. I'm currently using a CM 212+ EVO with their 2011 hold down bracket and I have 2011 pins on order for my Apogee XT WC block.

It looks from the Rampage IV Extreme manual I downloaded, although it's in freeking chinese.......that you unscrew the top of the hold-down, then you can replace the backplate with a 1366 backplate and this exposed the holes where those female screws are.(you can remove the threaded screws)

I hope this is accurate, I'm planning on using my heatkiller 3.0.

Anyway, I'll be looking tomorrow on my usual places to see if the rumors are true.

I saw one guy's review from europe somewhere and he seemed to think early December release.:D

I assume you have an Extreme?
But.....if you unscrew the top of the hold down, and remove the 2011 backplate, does it allow the holes to be exposed through-and-through for use, like the old S775 or the S1366?:D

Yep it opens em up for use.

However :

Not all 1366 coolers will work.The backplate for the heatsink needs to fit overtop of the x-plate , so some dont fit.

Also some 1366 coolers use top plates which will interfere with the components around the socket.....
I can tell you with 100% certainty the out-of-the-box Thermalright VenomousX does not work.(top plate)

Yep it opens em up for use.

However :

Not all 1366 coolers will work.The backplate for the heatsink needs to fit overtop of the x-plate , so some dont fit.

Also some 1366 coolers use top plates which will interfere with the components around the socket.....
I can tell you with 100% certainty the out-of-the-box Thermalright VenomousX does not work.(top plate)

Same with Thermalright Silver Arrow, doesn't seem to fit properly with the X-plate.

Im pretty sure the Heatkiller 3.0 will work, backplate and all.

Works on my Rampage III Formula and worked on the EVGA Classified.:D

Thanks for the information.

They are not too friendly with large cards and can jam damaging the slot. I want with gigabyte ud7 instead. Better retension clips.

They are not too friendly with large cards and can jam damaging the slot. I want with gigabyte ud7 instead. Better retension clips.

I have the same ones on my Rampage III and they have not been an issue for me, and I have a 6990.......can't get much bigger than that.:)

I too am planning a new build based on the Rampage IV Formula so I've been searching for all the info I can find.

FUD ALERT!!!
This is almost certainly not accurate. Do NOT rely on it in any way.
Sometime in the last few days I saw the board listed on a retailers website with pricing. Availability was stated as Dec. 2nd, 2011.
That's right, tomorrow.
I think it was an Austrailian site but I am not certain.
With this Info and a few dollars you could buy a cup of coffee.

Found the link:

http://pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18929&cPath=888

Im pretty sure the Heatkiller 3.0 will work, backplate and all.

Works on my Rampage III Formula and worked on the EVGA Classified.:D

Thanks for the information.

I just installed my Apogee XT with Swiftech 2011 bolts and it works great on my P9X79 WS. I'm so glad I'm back to WC.

[email protected], 65C temps.

ugh

PCIe x 16 at 1, 3, 5 and 7

I would gladly trade 4 card support for 3 card support with 1,4,7 spacing

The Formula is perfectly laid out if you have 2 double cards.....

I use a HD 6990 and an HD 6970, plus a PCI-e x1 so it's perfect for my needs.:D

ugh

eh, to get 3-way, 3 slot cards they'd need an extended ATX form factor. The formula has always been smaller than the extreme.

eh, to get 3-way, 3 slot cards they'd need an extended ATX form factor. The formula has always been smaller than the extreme.

I am envisioning 3 way 2 slot cards with some air between them.

if they put a x16 slot at position 4 and let you switch lane allocation in the bios you would have a lot of flexibility

ugh

....and then you'd join those of us running 1-4-7 that are discovering there is no SLI bridge that will do this.

:p

....and then you'd join those of us running 1-4-7 that are discovering there is no SLI bridge that will do this.

:p

sounds like an unserved market to me...hey, capitalism, we got a void over here

Bah...................still nothing on the big etail sites.........

Maybe Santa forgot to pack this for my Christmas???:mad:

IDK............maybe you can buy one in the Phillipines now?

I've seen press releases for the board since the 2nd of December, but nothing in the US.

The board HAS been for sale in Australia.

The ASUS-USA website doesn't even list the board.

Grrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Maybe I'll try this............Hey ASUS GUYS............where is this Motherboard?

I had to get the p79 deluxe cause I just couldn't wait on my new build.

Yeah, I'm getting ansy, too.

I don't want the Extreme, too much for me.
I would get the Gigabyte UD7, but it's OOS. That Assasin thing is just way too ugly for my tastes, the little gun heat sink thing is way over the top.

If ASUS doesn't hurry up.......my money is going to Gigabyte.......hello UD7.

Yeah, I'm getting ansy, too.
That Assasin thing is just way too ugly for my tastes, the little gun heat sink thing is way over the top.

+1

yeah, like I want a stupid miniature toy plastic .556 mag on my northbridge

so lame

still no Christmas love for the rampage IV Formula...............just my freekin' luck.:mad:

Back