ASUS Rampage Extreme (X48 Board)

Locutis:
we both wish we could have the RE....but this will do for now the ones that really work well with ddr2.
hey have you seen the new ocz 2nd edition improved solid state hard drives comming out.....

Core series SSD drives are available in capacities of 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB and deliver incredible 120-143 MB/s 80-93 MB/s read/write speeds and seek times of less than 0.35ms, making the Core series up to 10x as fast on a seek-time basis and up to 40% faster on a R/W basis that the best performing 2.5” HDDs on the market, all while consuming 50% less power. MSRPs at time of launch are USD $169, $259 and $479 for 32GB, 64GB and 128GB models respectively.
this and what we have will really make leap..........
i know this will beat all my scsi drives,i have all 15k rpm scsi to include sas scsi on all three machines i have....i still am faster seek time even with all wd raptors that are out......have a good week end my friend....EagleOne

yes I saw that the thread, it's the thread that helped me decide not to pull the trigger on the RE. I like to fiddle and will be with thw RF but being new to OC'ing and what not....to much work for me at the moment.

Locutis:
I changed my mind rejected the box from newegg rampage formula,ordered the Rampage Extreme and Dominator 1800C7DFIN Corsair Ram 2gigs, SilverStone Strider 1000w power supply.....IT ROCKS

nice.i wished i had the money to buy it?
i rejected the order (re) and the $477.ram....i just git my credit back from newegg...like $850.
im getting what you got RF,new ram and i have the hx1000 corsair ps....coming
hows your new RF board doing?

yes I saw that the thread, it's the thread that helped me decide not to pull the trigger on the RE. I like to fiddle and will be with thw RF but being new to OC'ing and what not....to much work for me at the moment.

i rejected the order (RE) and the $477.ram....i just get my credit back from newegg...like $850.
im not bragging i just ordered this check out the link....dell 24"1080P monitor $358.shipped,after reading all the stuff about the RE,my buddy told me just get the ddr2 RF one and forget all the worries
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7345

i rejected the order (RE) and the $477.ram....i just get my credit back from newegg...like $850.
im not bragging i just ordered this check out the link....dell 24"1080P monitor $358.shipped,after reading all the stuff about the RE,my buddy told me just get the ddr2 RF one and forget all the worries
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7345

Hey bud, I did get my board and it's awsome, rock solid from the get go. I did read a lot on how the north bridge get's hot so I took the advise from another forum and removed the heatsink that covers the NB and SB and removed the thermal pads to put some Arctic Silver 5 on them. No issues, both bridges run at 38C with no OC'ing now. If you decide to do that, do it before you first boot it so the pad doesn't melt and become harder to remove. With the money I saved on getting the formula vs. the extreme I put to the bestBuy deal for the 4870x2...I am loving life right now and I haven't even begun to OC it yet.

Oh yea, I am using Gskill DDR2 8800 (1100 MHZ) and no issues. Seems GSkill works very well with this board.

Hey bud, I did get my board and it's awsome, rock solid from the get go. I did read a lot on how the north bridge get's hot so I took the advise from another forum and removed the heatsink that covers the NB and SB and removed the thermal pads to put some Arctic Silver 5 on them. No issues, both bridges run at 38C with no OC'ing now. If you decide to do that, do it before you first boot it so the pad doesn't melt and become harder to remove. With the money I saved on getting the formula vs. the extreme I put to the bestBuy deal for the 4870x2...I am loving life right now and I haven't even begun to OC it yet.

Oh yea, I am using Gskill DDR2 8800 (1100 MHZ) and no issues. Seems GSkill works very well with this board.

you are set dude!
4870x2 wowx2.....what power supply you have?

I have a 750w Coolmaster but getting the 1000w Cosair. It is only one card though, 1 4870x2. No need to crossfire it because I am only running a 24" lcd. If I had a triple monitor setup or something larger then maybe but at the max res I use I really wouldn't see a benefit with 2 4870x2's

you are set dude!
4870x2 wowx2.....what power supply you have?

Sorry - this is an OFF TOPIC post aimed at EagleOne:
Hey Bro - you pm'd me a question and I can't pm you back because of your settings, so even though this post is completely off-topic for this thread (full apologies to Locutis!) - here is the information that you requested:

EagleOne said:
Psychlone!
do you know anything about the asus M3A79-T deluxe i have this going right now with my 6400+

like what is default for south and north bridge VOLTS
so i have a stsrting point in my bios....any tips you can send me .....THANKS:)

Anyway, the stock voltage is 1.20V for each, but with the 6 previously unused Phenom pins, increasing the SB voltage to 1.26V helps out the Phenoms alot...almost the same for the NB - 1.20V is default, but at 1.22V the Northbridge really starts coming to life...even for the non-Phenom CPUs. (so what I'm saying is that the SB voltage increase is only going to help with creating more PCI heat - and nothing you've got in those slots really needs it...now on the other hand, increasing the NB voltage by only a little can give you a little more headroom to achieve some more MHz over 1000 for the NB - it's really up to you how you choose to use it, but I've tested this M3A79-T on all 4 of my Phenoms, and I've found that it's certainly capable of 2800MHz with the right voltage.
Something to keep in mind with all this new architecture, is that NONE of it likes huge amounts of voltage - you've got to find each component's sweet spot...increasing any specific voltage higher than the component's 'sweet spot' (which has to be determined by testing), usually leads to BSODs and instant reboots - and usually causes the person to scratch their head thinking that they've supplied enough voltage to carry whatever overclock they're trying for - it's almost the opposite - you need to run as little of an increase as necessary to sustain the overclock (always start at stock and increase your NB until it won't pass POST, then increase the NB voltage by .02V, raising the NB (or FSB) again, repeating until you've found the fastest throughput via Everest Cache and Memory Bench (quick and dirty, but a good indicator of what's working) then you're on the right track)

Good luck!
Psychlone

Again, full apologies to Locutis for derailing this thread - it's never my intention to do so, but under the current circumstances of no pm's accepted, this is the only way that EagleOne is going to get the information requested.

Take care all,
Psychlone

Gentlemen Thank You!
Psycholone,Excellient understand....i have a starting voltage point for the bridges
The link i did not understand IBM something....
PS: our boards are FX80 and FX84 ready YES?
Im having a blast with my 6400+ right now and M3A79T.
Thanks my Friends,
EagleOne:cool:

Back