ASUS Radeon HD 7790 DirectCU II OC

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II OC posted today at ocaholic for those of you interested. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

Like many other manufacturers ASUS released its very own version of the HD 7790 using a reference design PCB and a custom cooler. This last one is of course the now well known DirectCU II v2.0. Furthermore the card is shipped with a factory overclocking. The GPU runs at 1'075 MHz and the memory is clocked at 1600 MHz.

Wow...great review!! I love how they have the Radeon 5850 in there, I wish more review sites would use older hardware(as far back as the GTX460/5850 generation at least) to not only see how far we've come, but to also see if upgrading is worth it. For example, the charts in this review show that a GTX660 can be about twice as fast as the Radeon 5850, if I were looking for an upgrade that review would show that a GTX660 would be a substantial upgrade, one that may be more useful than getting another 5850 for CFX.

Last edited:
I love how they have the Radeon 5850 in there, I wish more review sites would use older hardware(as far back as the GTX460/5850 generation at least) to not only see how far we've come, but to also see if upgrading is worth it.
+1
The problem whenever I want to upgrade, no review ever features this.

Back