Asus Radeon 9600se - quick response please

flipz

n00b
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
38
Hey everyone. I was hoping for a quick answer on this one as I'm in talks to hopefully buy it! :)

It's an Asus Radeon 9600se. Now right now I have an AIW that can display to the VGA and video-out at the same time, but it shows the same image on both. So I can't put a movie on the tv, and also play on the computer at the same time.

Now this Asus says "Diversified display connectivity (Dual VGA, DVI+VGA, DVI+Tv-out)". Does that mean that if I do DVI+Tv-out, that it will still just show the same image on both? Or can this card work has 2 independent displays and I can have a movie on the tv, and still play on my comp?

Thanks for all responses!!

-flipz
 
It's doubtfull. I would go so far as to say I'm 100 percent certain that you can't. The 9600se is a stripped down 9600. Truly a craptastic card.

Sounds like you need a HTPC setup.
 
That's what I'm working on building up snotrocket on a limited budget. :)

Thanks for the response!
 
Flipz, it is strange that you have an AIW that can't do different images on multiple monitors/TVs. That is one of ATI's big selling points, and the AIW line should certainly be capable of doing just that -- unless it is an older version like a Rage128 AIW. Make sure you have the latest drivers from ATI, and then mess around in the Displays manager.
If you DO have an older card that just does not support multiple images, but you want to keep that card, your only option is to get a separate video card with TV-out function. Just the cheapest Radeon PCI version available would do fine - like this.
Also, let me echo Snotrocket: do NOT buy a 9600se. If your current card really is too old, and you decide to do a full upgrade, just spend the 10 extra dollars for a non-SE/non-LE-type card that can output different signals to multiple monitors.
 
Servant of Shodan said:
unless it is an older version like a Rage128 AIW.

All-in-wonder 128 pro. In all it's 32 meg glory! lol. I actually am looking for a second video card with a tv-out, that's the reason I was looking at that card. I need an inexpensive card with a decent quality tv-out. I actually have a post about it right here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1013063

:D
 
flipz said:
All-in-wonder 128 pro. In all it's 32 meg glory! lol. I actually am looking for a second video card with a tv-out, that's the reason I was looking at that card. I need an inexpensive card with a decent quality tv-out. I actually have a post about it right here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1013063

:D


Heh! ;) That would be the problem.
The Radeon 9250 PCI for $40 sounds like a good bet to me. Good luck!
 
Back
Top