ASUS Q-Connector (20-8 pin)

Momo

Gawd
Hey all,

I've got a motherboard on the way, but it does not come with the 20-8 pin Q-Connector for the power sw/hdd led/reset sw/etc etc etc.

Are these universal, or do I need to get one compatible with my motherboard?

You shouldn't need one at all. If anything, it feels more flimsy with it on. The motherboard manual will have a pretty detailed image on where to plug in the power/reset/etc directly on the board without using the q connect.

I used to like having these because it makes it much easier to remove the connectors and reconnect them later.

Are these universal, or do I need to get one compatible with my motherboard?

They would only be universal to asus and even that would not be guaranteed. You can however look at the manual and see if it matches a qconnect you have (if you have one) or match it to a board that is known to have a qconnect. I do not know where to buy these however.

Edit:

ASUS has them for sale at their store for $2.99

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2104

yeah, they do have them on the asus store, saw that already.

I emailed asus support as there appears to be a type re: my motherboard being listed as compatible.
No response yet. Hence the post here.

Anyhow, i would say that these little things are a great little 'touch' that makes assembly much, much easier/smoother. Not many things i dislike more than trying to plug in little tiny front panel LED/HDD/PWR/Reset wires into a motherboard.

I've got a corsair 800d case, so there should be lots of room in terms of the case. Doesnt change the fact that the wires are awful small, the area on the motherboard has other stuff poking up that my hadns can/will hit, and i've got large hands. It's just way the hell easier with a Q-Connector! :)

I believe they are universal. The Q-Connectors from my Rampage II Extreme and P5Q Pro are identical.

hey, thanks for the reply. I kinda thought so...

looking at the 2 (yeah, only 2 available) at the asus store, the images sure look the same. Just get a firewire q-connector in the deluxe kit along with usb/front panel in the base kit.

problem solved. the [H] comes through again with used q-connector!

Back