Asus Probe mixup

malingjc

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all. I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS 1012 and my Asus probe is reading my MB and CPU temps switched. Is there a way I can switch them back?

malingjc said:
Hey all. I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS 1012 and my Asus probe is reading my MB and CPU temps switched. Is there a way I can switch them back?

Curious if you're comparing that with another monitoring program?

How are you arriving @ that.

In any case, just uninstall Probe, then reinstall it. Couldn't hurt.

gl :)

That happens all the time with my board...and not only does it switch temps but its been known to report completely inaccurate readings. Try using MBM 5, it provides much more reliable temperatures.

Don't be surprised when it reads the cpu temp a good deal higher either, as mine was off by quite a bit in the Asus program...and the MBM 5 reading was more in line with what I was showing with a temp probe.

What version of Asus probe do you have? I got that once with an earlier verison of Asus probe, then i downloaded the latest version and that fixed it.

Bantu said:
What version of Asus probe do you have? I got that once with an earlier verison of Asus probe, then i downloaded the latest version and that fixed it.

I haven't been able to find a link to a new version lately. If you have it, please post it.

I think my CPU might be a little low. It is telling me like 32C CPU (which is the MB) and 47C MB (which is the CPU) on a slightly overlclocked AthXP-m 2500+. Strange thing is that it will freeze if it gets to like 57C, of which is very very low for a AthXP-m to lock at, though maybe I'm just not giving it enough juice, I have it at 1.6V right now, 1.7V ought to help.

Anyway, the CPU/MB are correct in BIOS, but switched in the program.

malingjc said:
Strange thing is that it will freeze if it gets to like 57C, of which is very very low for a AthXP-m to lock at,

Remember that Asus Probe reports lower than actual temps by 5-7C

Killaapp said:
Remember that Asus Probe reports lower than actual temps by 5-7C

Yup, like I said, I highly recommend using mbm and not the asus program. Only thing the asus program reads more correctly are voltages and fan speeds.

Back