Asus Prime X570-Pro: Dual M.2 NVMe Raid-0?

I hopped on a great deal on a second Samsung NVMe drive over on the BST forum, but am now realizing that I might not be able to use it as intended.

The manual only lists Raid compatibility for the six SATA ports. However, it does have an option in the BIOS titled NVMe Raid Mode, which can be enabled or disabled. Doesn't say anything further.

I do know that the top M.2 slot is connected directly to the CPU, while the bottom is connected through the chipset. Is raid even possible in that configuration?

It won't be the end of the world if I can't do this; I needed the extra space as much as anything, so I'll still use it. Just curious if anyone's gone down this path with this board.

Generally speaking it's not recommended to run raid in that configuration. It's the same as split sli/crossfire, ie. running one card off the cpu controller and one off the chipset. You're better off running it off something like an Asus Hyper m2 card or similar.

Generally speaking it's not recommended to run raid in that configuration. It's the same as split sli/crossfire, ie. running one card off the cpu controller and one off the chipset. You're better off running it off something like an Asus Hyper m2 card or similar.
Why is it not recommended? Bad performance?

Data corruption would be an issue with anything striped.

Pcie 4.0 has a use case I'd you need the iops.

Back