ASUS Pre-Builts?

svgtom

Weaksauce
What's the general consensus on ASUS pre-built PCs? My brother recently bought one and it seems pretty decent although he did already make a few upgrades to it. I know people knock Dell but I've always found them pretty reliable, but I'm wondering if ASUS is a better choice.

What's the general consensus on ASUS pre-built PCs? My brother recently bought one and it seems pretty decent although he did already make a few upgrades to it. I know people knock Dell but I've always found them pretty reliable, but I'm wondering if ASUS is a better choice.

If you posted links to the exact model your referring to it would help to answer your question. Honestly 99% of the people who frequent here are DIY builders.....there are some including myself who might actually pay more to build it myself rather than buy prebuilt, and im only saying this cause these a lot of us who really enjoy building are own, not to mention its usually cheaper to build your own versus than buying prebuilt.

I guess most all of us started of with prebuilt, but there's so much satisfaction knowing you saved money and built a more powerful system. I will admit depending on your needs sometimes prebuilt is cheaper and more effective since some people have little to no time in finding the hot deals on components to make that perfect build, much less the time needed to put it all together. Some of us could do it with our spare time even working a 70 hour week, but at that point time is so valuable its a tough choice

It's about the same as a cheap dell / hp / lenovo, with a matx motherboard that says "Asus" on it, and a PSU that may be worse.

Sometimes the refurbished ones go for real cheap.

Hiya, I bought a Asus prebuilt to use school and now its become my main rig. I bought the Asus CM6870 desktop model. And its been a good PC, now I did upgrade the PSU in it to a Antec 650 watt so I could install a Asus 7870 gpu.

Overall its a good PC.

Back