asus power problem

Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
18
OK I recently purchased a used Alienware Aurora 7500 usedthe MB is an Asus A8N-SLI-N-Force. I was told the power supply was bad. I checked the power supply and it powered up fine. I hooked everything back up and I am gettin a green light on the bottom of the board which means it is in standyby. I hit the switch and nothing happens I have check and all the wires are hooked up properly to the MB from the switch(on front of case)

If the switch is bad can I just jumper it and see if it fires up or do I need a new switch.

The standby power light is always on so I know the MB is getting power of some sort.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Edit: I have a 650 w power supply
 
Last edited:
You can't use a jumper since it's a momentary switch. What you can do is briefly bridge the two connectors with a conductive object like a wire or a screwdriver.
 
As the person above stated you just need to use something conductive to make contact between the 2 pins the power button connects to. You do not want to jumper the connection. I used a screwdriver for some time but these days I use a switch I ripped out of an old case.

The light on the board just tells us that the PSU is at least putting out voltage on the 5vSB but really says nothing else about the PSU in my opinion.

When you say you tested the PSU and it powered up just fine how exactly did you test it?
 
the PSU just pwered up by jumpering the green and the black wire. Ganted this is not going to tell me the out out but i am going to try the screwdriver idea hopefully that will work i will update
 
Back
Top