• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus PG248Q pixelated images

Joined
Oct 17, 2019
Messages
4
I just bought a PG248Q today and once I got everything setup I noticed that any image I view has horrible pixalation in the blacks and gradients. Doesn't matter if the image I'm viewing is on the web or on my machine. I don't notice anything while i'm gaming but if I'm looking at a image it's really bad.

Did some searching but couldn't find anything. I tried the calibration found here but that didn't fix the problem any. If I set gamma to 2.5 it's a bit better but still horrible compared to my $100 monitor this was supposed to replace. I even tried setting the refresh rate to 120hz and 100hz and that still didn't do anything.

I'm using DP cable.

Is it possible to fix this? Is this a common issue with this monitor? If it is a common problem then I'm going to return it and look elsewhere.

Any thoughts?
 
It's a problem with the panel, so there is nothing you can do to fix it. There is an extensive thread on the ROG forum about this, and an employee even replied saying there is nothing that can be done to fix it. The Dell S2417DG may be a better alternative.
 
It's a problem with the panel, so there is nothing you can do to fix it. There is an extensive thread on the ROG forum about this, and an employee even replied saying there is nothing that can be done to fix it. The Dell S2417DG may be a better alternative.

Damn, really? Well, that's really unfortunate. Everything about this monitor, except this one issue, is absolutely amazing. I'm going to try and use it for a couple of days and see if I can live with the issue or if I should give it back. Thanks for the info.
 
Look at something using the newer 24.5" inch panel from AUO (advertised as 25", but only 0.7" bigger on the diagonal than the PG248Q). Models include the ASUS PG258Q, Dell AW2518H, and Acer XN253QX.
 
Back
Top