Asus PB328Q

Nicholars

Gawd
Anyone have any information on this screen? It is same / similar panel to the Benq BL3200PT, I would like to know what the input lag is on the Asus, has anyone got one? No reviews or info on google. Thanks.

I guess it is similar to the Benq and Samsung versions, but it might have better input lag, Asus seem to make a lot of screens with low input lag so it is possible, for example the PB278QR was one of the first 1440p 27" screens with low input lag. The #1 reason I have not purchased the benq 3200PT is too much input lag.

Last edited:
I agree, the reason why I didnt buy the Samsung version is that it is not flicker-free and Benq got all those problems with flickering heh :(.

So I have some hopes for this one, hopefully they will get this one right.

I'm thinking of buying a 30inch+ monitor for movies, games and internet browsing. PB328Q or Dell's U3014? Thx~~

Anyone got any info on the input lag? Or has compared to other screens? Why no info on this screen?!

Last edited:
Really interested in this screen, but can't any reviews at all. Very strange.

If the input lag is low enough, this is a definite buy for me. Been waiting AGES for a decent screen.

So...I have been using this monitor for approximately a week now. I am by no means a pro or anything so I cant give you all the technical details, but so far I can not complain about anything.
I see only a very very very very minimal backlight bleed, does not bother me at all. No flickering problems that I could see or notice.

For a amateur like me, it does its job very well. Games such as CS:GO are ok also, could not see a difference in response time/input lags from my old TN screen which was used for heavy gaming over the years.

Last edited:
So...I have been using this monitor for approximately a week now. I am by no means a pro or anything so I cant give you all the technical details, but so far I can not complain about anything.
I see only a very very very very minimal backlight bleed, does not bother me at all. No flickering problems that I could see or notice.

For a amateur like me, it does its job very well. Games such as CS:GO are ok also, could not see a difference in response time/input lags from my old TN screen which was used for heavy gaming over the years.

Any chance you can give a lag comparison to other screens that you know the amount of lag already? Some may not notice 40ms of lag where other will notice more than 10ms lag. Do you have any way of comparing? What was the lag on your old TN monitor? What model number was it?

Any chance you can give a lag comparison to other screens that you know the amount of lag already? Some may not notice 40ms of lag where other will notice more than 10ms lag. Do you have any way of comparing? What was the lag on your old TN monitor? What model number was it?

I really don't have the equipment to measure the amount of lag it got, but personally I don't see anything in my games at all that would tell me it got noticeably higher or lower lag than my previous monitor. My previous monitor was Samsung TA950.

I really don't have the equipment to measure the amount of lag it got, but personally I don't see anything in my games at all that would tell me it got noticeably higher or lower lag than my previous monitor. My previous monitor was Samsung TA950.

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/samsung-t27a950-p11301/test.html

Is that your previous monitor?

Does the Asus feel any faster than that monitor? That TA950 is listed as 40ms which by modern standards is a bit slow... I am hoping the Asus will be faster than that... are you able to test? You can connect them both to your GPU and run a stop watch program or SMTT tool and you can see what the input lag difference is.

Last edited:
So Nicholars, can you tell me more about this monitor. Is the green tinting in the blacks still a problem? Have you fixed or exchanged it?
I've been hanging out for a good monitor for so long now. I was excited about the BL3200PT but that turned out to be a dud... and then Samsung's version (same panel, same probs). Is this more of the same? You're the only one who's got this monitor. Give me a review please. I'm coming from a 22" TN. I want something to blow my tits off. Will this do it?

So Nicholars, can you tell me more about this monitor. Is the green tinting in the blacks still a problem? Have you fixed or exchanged it?
I've been hanging out for a good monitor for so long now. I was excited about the BL3200PT but that turned out to be a dud... and then Samsung's version (same panel, same probs). Is this more of the same? You're the only one who's got this monitor. Give me a review please. I'm coming from a 22" TN. I want something to blow my tits off. Will this do it?

It is a good monitor, the lag is not good compared to a 144hz screen with zero lag, but it is comparable to screens around 15-25ms lag, if you don't play competitive type shooters etc. then it should be fine. I returned it and bought an Asus MG279Q.. But that is going back as well and I am not sure what I will get yet... Possibly another one of the 32" as there are not many options.

It is a good monitor, the lag is not good compared to a 144hz screen with zero lag, but it is comparable to screens around 15-25ms lag, if you don't play competitive type shooters etc. then it should be fine. I returned it and bought an Asus MG279Q.. But that is going back as well and I am not sure what I will get yet... Possibly another one of the 32" as there are not many options.

I know you don't have the monitor any more, but how would you say it compares to other 60Hz screens?

I have an Samsung 24" BX2431 60Hz LCD with a TN panel.. I don't play much competitive fps games anymore, but play some games from time to time. Mostly RTS, Sims and some Single Player games. Mainly I want to get a better panel for some photo work. This panel looked attractive with great contrast ratios. Kinda gotten tired of the poor contrast ratios on TN & IPS panels. I have a AMVA panel for my HDTV and it looks amazing with extremely inky deep blacks.

One thing I noticed apparently this screen will run 75Hz over DisplayPort. Did you test it at 75Hz or just 60Hz?

I had been considering the BenQ BL3200PT, but this one looks interesting. Any update from anyone who owns one in regards to ghosting and input lag?

Interesting, looks like it may be the "best of the bunch" for this panel, although from user reviews on Amazon and Newegg it's still hit-or-miss as to whether you get a good one.

I'm tempted to pick one up, the price is nice enough, but I don't know if I want to deal with potential return/exchange headaches.

This display looks very nice. I have been trying an LG Ultrawide for a while (mainly doing work), photoshop , indesign and alot of web coding and design. But I did not like the curve messing with mind and showing lines curved (especially footers).

But while I did like the bigger workspace this might be a nice monitor for me.

Was thinking at first of getting a dell 27" because I did not find anything else I like...

so how is the the black crush on this VA panel? i know it was an issue in the past when viewing VA panels straight at it. there's so many variety of options now compared to 3 years ago. my qnix 2710 is dead until i open it up and find out if it's worth replacing whatever is broken.

Last edited:
I really want a 32'' Monitor at 2560x1440 resolution.

So here is my experience:

1. Phillips BDM3270QP - returned 2 - both had between 2-4 dead / blocked pixels
2. AOC Q3277PQU (same thing as Phillips) - returned one - had 7! dead picxels
Both above mentioned monitors had a decent image quality & glow level but dead pixels was a deal-breaker for me.

So in my price rage remained only 2 options:

1. Benq BL3200PT - after I read the users opinions from this forum about this monitor I concluded that are big chases to get a monitor with banding & pixel issues, so I've switched my attention to the:
2. ASUS PB328Q - especially after I read the review from Tom's Hardware, but here is my problem: In the review they said the monitor have an AMVA panel but if you look at ASUS website the same model appears to come in 2 versions:
a) VA (not AMVA): link https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/PB328Q/specifications/
b) IPS (what?!?): link (Asus Sweden) http://www.asus.com/se/Monitors/PB328Q/specifications/

So what is the real panel of this monitor? Any advice will be appreciated!

Probably a typo on the sweden site. There is also an ips version, but that is a 4k panel (PA328Q). All reviews say it's an AMVA panel, not sure if it's the same as the other 32 AMVA panels since this one has 75Hz refresh rate listed but there is a high chance it's still the same panel.

i've been fiddling around with this monitor

-contrast ratio is great
-the panel is definitely VA. pretty sure it's AMVA
-didn't noticed any ghosting (have trace set to 100)
-blacks have a slight grey shift to them when slightly moving head around. drives me insane
-there IS some black crush when i'm gaming. drives me insane. if i move my head to the side the black crush is gone.
-QC issues. 1 dead pixel up top and some sort of small smudge right near the center of screen.
-75hz confirmed over displayport. i honestly don't feel the 15hz increase. it's very very very very subtle at best.
-won't go above 75hz no matter what when making a custom profile (for those curious)
-input lag is minor. you won't feel it unless you're an e-sports player or are used to the very low input TN monitors.

it's a nice monitor. i can definitely imagine this to be worthwhile for production work. but it ain't something i would personally use for gaming and watching movies due to the grey black shifts.

i will be getting a crossover 2795 when the koreans are back from their new year lunar vacation.

For 27 inch I would go with the dell u2715h, not that much pricier than the 2795 with the added shipping cost and it's a premium panel with max 1 bright dot policy + 3 year warranty.

For those of you that have this monitor have you noticed any banding? I had 2 bl3200pt and i could see vertical banding on both. I asume its the same panel but maybe since this one can go to 75hz it has different internals? I know my benq skipped frames at anything over 60. If it wasnt for the vertical banding it would have been perfect. And according to toms review the asus has even better blacks then the benq. And better response times as well. So Basically if you put up an all grey image like in ms paint can you notice any vertical bands? Even better if you could post your pics. If you could that would be awsome

Last edited:
It seems this monitor isn't really popular. Especially in comparison with Benq bl3200pt.
Well, I have bought one and I can answer all questions.

So far I can tell that there is nothing unusual in it.

Yes, it has banding, pretty visible on grays. I have saw 3 pcs. All of them was with banding.
Yes, it has a problem with dead pixels and dust particles inside. I have hardly chosen a copy with only one dead pixel in a bottom corner and without dust.
Yes, it performs 75 hz connected via display port.
And also, like all VA panels it has an awful response in dark tones (Black-to-dark green, as an example). Even with full overdrive in SOME games, where we have contrast tree crowns, grass with a small details this monitor perform very badly and gives me flickering while camera moves and stop moving.

It's very hard to get moneyback in my country. So i will get used to it :\

Feel free to ask anything.

Does anyone who has this monitor know what is its weight without stand? Asus does not have the information available when asked. I am planning to buy one, but I want to use a monitor arm.

Just to let you all know that in the past 8 weeks many monitors have come and gone. This ASUS PB328Q is the only monitor that is a superb overall monitor for color correction and gaming. Buttery smooth @ 75hz in FPS games.
Great color, nearing IPS levels. Better blacks than IPS.
I now use this monitor as a reference for color when comparing other monitors side by side.
It does not OC past 75, no matter what. It does not skip frames at 75 though.
If you are looking for a similar monitor at half the cost, the HP OMEN 32" is somewhat similar. Colors are not quite as good, but the Price of $299 during the BF sales, cannot be ignored.

This display is on amazon's goldbox deal today--down to $374 from $499. Not quite as good a deal as the $299 HP Omen that uses the same display, but it sounds like this is the better quality display if you get a good one....especially for nvidia users who want 75hz

Just to let you all know that in the past 8 weeks many monitors have come and gone. This ASUS PB328Q is the only monitor that is a superb overall monitor for color correction and gaming. Buttery smooth @ 75hz in FPS games.
I now use this monitor as a reference for color when comparing other monitors side by side.
If you are looking for a similar monitor at half the cost, the HP OMEN 32" is somewhat similar. Colors are not quite as good, but the Price of $299 during the BF sales, cannot be ignored.

I don't want to be rude but you just equated smooth with 75Hz. I don't think you've seen smooth.:confused:

Agreed, went back and forth between this and the omen but settled on this due to the issues with Nvidia cards and 75hz on the omen. Couldn't be happier with the Asus, there is some grey black banding at times but haven't noticed any other issues. Response time is great and plays fps (overwatch) well. No frame skipping and color reproduction is fantastic except for the slight banding. Witcher 3 looks amazing. Also didn't have any qa problems, no dead pixels

I had this monitor (Asus PB328Q) a few days ago. It had a very, very green tint to it. I don't know if it was my unit only but that couldn't be fixed by any mode i selected, or turning green down. It did help, but then black went more purple ish etc.. Also had problems with the color uniformity. In the middle of the screen it was fine, but move it to the right, top or left and the colors shift drasticly. Even black text went grey when you looked at the monitor on a small angle. Even my 200 euro BenQ VA panel doesn't have it that badly.

Now I'm still looking for a new 32" 1440p or 4k display. But haven't found one yet with slim bezels, or im my price range.

I had this monitor (Asus PB328Q) a few days ago. It had a very, very green tint to it. I don't know if it was my unit only but that couldn't be fixed by any mode i selected, or turning green down. It did help, but then black went more purple ish etc.. Also had problems with the color uniformity. In the middle of the screen it was fine, but move it to the right, top or left and the colors shift drasticly. Even black text went grey when you looked at the monitor on a small angle. Even my 200 euro BenQ VA panel doesn't have it that badly.

Now I'm still looking for a new 32" 1440p or 4k display. But haven't found one yet with slim bezels, or im my price range.

Sounds like a lemon, my display didn't have any issues with color reproduction

Well, I went to the store today and I noticed that the OMEN also has a green tint to it, and white looks less white than all the other displayers thay were "on display". Weird.

I got my PB328Q from Fry's. The first one I got had stuck pixels, exchanged it got a 2nd one and that too had stuck pixels. So I went and exchanged it and got a 3rd one. This one had 3 stuck pixels. I was so pissed that I took my finger and flicked all 3 of them really hard, and to my absolute surprise they were fixed, completely working now. I have never seen that before. I also ran my Spyder 3 Pro calibrator on it, and it is a dam fine display, very very nice and accurate colors. No back light bleed either. Playing games I have the trace free set to 60, I play BF4 and BF1. Both play very well, I notice no real ghosting or input lag. I also use Nvidia's Adaptive Vsync while playing. I got mine for $440 it says it was built in Feb 2017.

Back