ASUS PB278Q PLS 27" 1440p Monitor $400

lifanus

Gawd
Accurate color after calibration, PLS panel (similar to IPS) great for photo editing/graphic design work. 5ms lag, maybe also good for gaming...:D

link (newegg)

this was $470 yesterday (i price checked since i'm selling mine). good deal on an extremely nice monitor.

Just picked this up. Super excited to move from 1080p to 1440p

Thank you for posting this!

The one egg reviews scarred me away. Bad product + bad customer service = No deal for me.

The one egg reviews scarred me away. Bad product + bad customer service = No deal for me.

speaking strictly of the performance of this monitor, read some professional reviews. you may or may not walk away with the same opinion but at least your opinion will have some weight behind it.

I recommended it because when I bought this for one client's office for graphic design work, it was still close to $500 bucks, and it performed really well after calibration, gray gradient is smooth as butter, no shadow clipping, no complaints.

There are 2 versions of this:

1st PLS version released fall 2012 with a matte grey bezel and LED PWM Dimming/Flicker (Side Effects) and slow pixel response times compared to competitors once the overdrive/Trace Free setting is set to 20 to get rid of the obvious overshoot ghosting.

2nd version released sometime this year with an AHVA panel (AUO's version of IPS/PLS) matte black bezel, no PWM, worse contrast, slightly worse colour presets and the colour accuracy and contrast drops significantly when the colour controls are unlocked. It can't match the perceived black depth or preset colour accuracy of the simiarly priced AOC Q2770PQU and BenQ BL2710PT, but it is delay free and has less ghosting. I'm nearly finish my review of the new version=PB278QR released in Europe.

If I had to guess this is likely the 1st PLS version released fall 2012, which is the one I would prefer.

There are 2 versions of this:

1st PLS version released fall 2012 with a matte grey bezel and LED PWM Dimming/Flicker (Side Effects) and slow pixel response times compared to competitors once the overdrive/Trace Free setting is set to 20 to get rid of the obvious overshoot ghosting.

2nd version released sometime this year with an AHVA panel (AUO's version of IPS/PLS) matte black bezel, no PWM, worse contrast, slightly worse colour presets and the colour accuracy and contrast drops significantly when the colour controls are unlocked. It can't match the perceived black depth or preset colour accuracy of the simiarly priced AOC Q2770PQU and BenQ BL2710PT, but it is delay free and has less ghosting. I'm nearly finish my review of the new version=PB278QR released in Europe.

So is it safe to assume the 2nd version would be the one they ship?

Back