• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus padfone

NanoHavoc

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
307
Anybody waiting for details on the padfone?

My contract with verizon ends tommorow, and the padfone is supposed to come in April.

I'm just hoping it will be in US and readily available. I'm going to try and wait for it.

Also if anyone has any interesting news on it, feel free to share.

I haven't seen any news on it since there was an atricle about it march 5th.

That seems like a long time with no new info, but google isnt showing anything more recent for me, i hate how companies always keep everything in the dark.
It would be a lot easier if they just kept customers more informed- hint hint nvidia hint hint
I dont see how companies think they benefit from keeping customers in the dark.
 
Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about LTE capabilities on the Padfone so it sounds like if it were to arrive in the US, it'd be on T-Mobile only.
 
Not looking at the Padfone itself. However, the technology of phone into tablet into desktop is what I want and honestly is where the industry is most likely headed.

Can't wait to get a phone with Android and dock it for a lightweight Arch Linux install. :D
 
Yeah, If it wasn't for my contract ending I probably wouldnt be worrying about it too much either. And yeah I think it won't be supported by the big carriers. We would have heard something by now.

I think your right about this being the futurue,but this one just happens to be hitting the market at a perfect time for me to be an early adopter of the technology :p

I can;'t wait now though because my phone just shut off......:(
 
It dosent look like its going to Sprint or Verizon. Its a gsm based phone so if it does goto any carrier itll be AT&T or T-Mobile. Asus dropped the Tegra3 chip in favor of the S4 from Qualcomm so im interested to see how it performs with a dual core chip instead of a quad core. Either way my contract has been up for months and I want it.
 
Yeah, unfortunately I think you're right about it not being on sprint or verizon, which sucks because they are the better of the major carriers. I've never tried or heard much of T-mobile, but for the padfone I'd be willing to try. I can't stand AT&T but honestly, I don't think I'd let that stop me this time.

Although I had unlimited data with verizon so it would be hard to get used to the limit with AT&T, specially since they throttle.
 
Back
Top