ASUS PA246Q monitor audio out too low

zicolofoo

n00b
Has any user found out the audio output is very low and no idea how to adjust it? I checked their online support page which seems to be irrelevant as the OSD is totally different. Contacted ASUS and never got any reply, and retailer told me the warranty period is over ( it's just 2 months old !! ).

3.5mm jack connected to either earphones or speakers. Using earphones is so annoying with its low volume. And with the speakers volume set to max, just a little better, but still not clear.

Is it the nature of this monitor, or my monitor is defective with the audio? Any clue how to adjust the volume? As I said, both the user manual and their online support page are wrong showing something not relevant to the monitor at all.

the out put wattage is only 3 watts on that monitor. get a good sound card and you'l be set

the out put wattage is only 3 watts on that monitor. get a good sound card and you'l be set

thanks, i assume you meant "sound card" on the computer? my main usage with its audio is connecting HDMI source, so i guess it will not be the case. but from what you said, the low audio out is the nature of the monitor and it is not my unit being defective??

Are you using LineOut instead of Speakers on the back of your soundcard/motherboard?

Edit: oops.. never mind

Are you using LineOut instead of Speakers on the back of your soundcard/motherboard?

Edit: oops.. never mind

Not really. Here is what my connection is like -

video :
Game console < HDMI > monitor
Mac < DVI > monitor ( no audio connection )

audio : (mainly when using the game console, and all games tried with volume at MAX)
monitor < 3.5mm jack > earphones (way too low)
monitor < 3.5mm jack > external computer speaker (have to set speakers volume at MAX in order to listen normally)

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem and am pairing it with an X-Fi

no fix, as this seems to be the nature of the monitor. i ended up giving up the audio out from it. connected the game console audio to the computer speakers directly and sounds good. (with the cable having rca on one end and the 3.5mm the end)

I have had alot of LCD monitors with built in sound and the sound is very often very low and of course terrible quality. So ya give up.

I know this is a very old thread, but I was having a similar issue with a similar monitor (low volume via HDMI on Asus PA248) and this thread was the first one that popped up on google. I thought I'd reply just in case others stumble upon this thread like me. In my case, the solution was extremely simple (and I felt really dumb when I figured it out):

On the Asus monitor, in the "system settings" menu there is a "volume" setting (accessed through the menu button on the monitor bezel). By default it is set to '50', crank up to max and you should have comparable volume to your computer soundcard output.

Makes sense man! They have everything else buried under a menu option somewhere, so why not sound?

I guess I'm still not used to monitors handling both audio and video in a singe cable, as the HDMI monitor invasion was so low-key.

Back