Having some issues with my motherboard, RMA'd it and still getting same issue. Before I get into it, here are the specs I am running
Intel i7 3820
Asus P9X79 Pro
XFX HD 7950 OC Black ed
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16gb ( 4x4gb )
Corsair AX850 power supply
Intel 120gb 510 series SSD
Dell U2412m monitora
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
With the first board, I would install all 4 chips of ram in the specified DIM's the manual tells me ( blue dims on this board so 2 chips per side / 8 dims total on board ). Windows was only picking up 3 out of 4 chips, thinking this was odd I rebooted into BIOS and used the SPD tool. It told me a different DIM was "abnormal" each time I rebooted, booted system with each chip individually fine. RMA'd the board, new board same thing. New ram, same thing. Finally called asus tech support and their solution was to put all 4 chips on the same side. Windows now picks up all 16gb but I am not sure if this is a solution or not.. Thoughts?
Also, experiencing crashing when the computer goes to sleep/turns off display..System still seems to be running but no keyboard and mouse support... (no caps lock LED's will come on or anything). Solutions I have tried for this are disabling hard drive shut down on sleep but still getting the issue. With the first board I was getting crashing during game play but I have yet to experience with the new board. Any suggestions on any of this?
Intel i7 3820
Asus P9X79 Pro
XFX HD 7950 OC Black ed
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16gb ( 4x4gb )
Corsair AX850 power supply
Intel 120gb 510 series SSD
Dell U2412m monitora
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
With the first board, I would install all 4 chips of ram in the specified DIM's the manual tells me ( blue dims on this board so 2 chips per side / 8 dims total on board ). Windows was only picking up 3 out of 4 chips, thinking this was odd I rebooted into BIOS and used the SPD tool. It told me a different DIM was "abnormal" each time I rebooted, booted system with each chip individually fine. RMA'd the board, new board same thing. New ram, same thing. Finally called asus tech support and their solution was to put all 4 chips on the same side. Windows now picks up all 16gb but I am not sure if this is a solution or not.. Thoughts?
Also, experiencing crashing when the computer goes to sleep/turns off display..System still seems to be running but no keyboard and mouse support... (no caps lock LED's will come on or anything). Solutions I have tried for this are disabling hard drive shut down on sleep but still getting the issue. With the first board I was getting crashing during game play but I have yet to experience with the new board. Any suggestions on any of this?