Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard Drivers

BusyBeaverHP

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at the Drivers section of the Motherboard Support CD, and wondering which drivers should I install to maximize my performance.

There are the Intel Chipset Driver, Asmedia SATA Controller Driver, and the Marvell SATA 6G Driver.

1. Intel Chipset Driver is a must, but I'm wondering about the Asmedia Controller Driver and the Marvell SATA 6G Driver. What exactly does the Asmedia Controller Driver do? Will it come into conflict with Marvell if I installed both? What's historically been the superior driver setup?

2. There are the Realtek LAN Driver and the Intel LAN Driver, if I were to install only the Intel, would both Ethernet ports be usable? Or just one? Is there a conflict?

3. There the Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver, and the Intel USB 3.0 Driver, to enable all USB 3.0 ports, must I install one, or the other, or both? Is there a conflict?

I'm trying to set it up to maximize performance, but avoiding driver conflict as much as possible. If anyone knows what's the best thing to do, I'd appreciate your help! Thanks ahead of time.

If you're only going to use 1 NIC, and the Intel would be the right call, then install the Intel and don't install the Realtek. And remember to disable it in BIOS so that the OS doesn't see it.

The USB 3.0 drivers....hmmm, I think I just installed both so I wouldn't have to worry about what gets plugged where.

You only need the Marvell SATA drivers and Asmedia controller driver if you're going to use the Marvell SATA ports and the external eSATA ports respectively. In my case, I use them both so I installed both. You can disable those too if you aren't going to use them.

If you're not going to use the on-board audio, you can skip those drivers and disable that. If you're going to use it, then you'll do the reverse.

If you're not going to use any of the Intel rapid start and the other Intel thing, then you can skip installing those drivers.

Back