Asus P8Z68-VPro & Apple don't mix - Help needed

imodius

n00b
Hi all,

I have just bought the above motherboard as a replacement for my buggy as hell P67 chipset Asus motherboard and I have encountered a whole new set of issues that I need help with. :mad:

I am running Windows 7 64bit with 8gb Corsiar Vengance ram, OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Drive, AMD 6870 GPU and i5 2500K SB.

Everything was fine, no crashes and I updated the bios to 8801 (beta). It was only when I installed iTunes and plugged in my iphone via USB that I got the dreaded BSOD. Thinking it was isolated I tried uninstalling iTunes, reinstalled and plugged in my ipad. Same thing happened. I did the same with an ipod and again BSOD. Do you see a pattern forming here?

I have now tried plugging the USB cables into every USB port and still it crashes. My other USB storage drives work fine so it is definitely a problem with Apple stuff.

Has anyone had a similar issue and if so how did you fix it? This is driving me to distraction.

Please help in my hour of need as I need to sync up my iPhone!!!

fresh install when you moved from p67 to z68 ?

Indeed it was. Out of frustration I have just bit the bullet and have just done a fresh install again to see if there was a software conflict somewhere and I made sure iTunes was the second thing I installed. Amazingly it now works so I am slowly installing all my other drivers (still have USB3 drivers to install) to see if that is what caused the conflict. I will keep you all posted. :)

Wish me luck!!

Good Luck! I look forward to hearing that you have Win7 + Z68 + iTunes playing nicely.

Good Luck! I look forward to hearing that you have Win7 + Z68 + iTunes playing nicely.

Well all hardware has had drivers installed and no exclamation marks in the devices menu. whoop. And iTunes syncing still works whoop whoop.

The only things I have not installed that I did the first time is the Asus software that came with the motherboard and as I have overclocked it in the BIOs I am going to leave them.

So for the moment crisis has been averted.

So my first impressions of the board after this little hiccup are very positive. More so than the P67 board I had before. It seems more stable and boots every time without over clocking failure messages. Is it worth the money? not sure yet but I am sure going to have fun testing it out. Anyone for Portal 2? :D

Back