ASUS P8P67 Pro Red LED

Zontar

n00b
This motherboard will not post.

I plugged in everything and what happens is that I get two red LEDs...one by the CPU cooler and one by the memory. Then, the computer shuts off....stays off for about five seconds, then powers back on on its own and only the red LED by the RAM stays lit. Is this motherboard broken?

It is most likely a RAM issue. Are you sure you have the ram in the right slots? Try one stick at a time.

On the P8P67 Pro the red LEDs indicate problems, in this case it is indicating a problem with the RAM.

Have you reseated the RAM? Tried it with one stick? Tried different RAM?

Since the CPU warning LED came on I would make sure everything was seated correctly.

I'm having this problem too intermittently. I have reseated several times and am now trying a single stick but I think it's because the ram is 1600mhz. After I reseat the ram and get it to boot it says oc failed and mem speed goes back to 1333

Same problem here. I just got my board yesterday. I installed everything it things start to spin for 5 secs, shuts down, restarts then just sits there with the red light on memory.

Nothing on the screen at all.

I've actually already requested a RMA for this board as Im thinking it is DOA. Does that mean my memory is not compatible? I'm using Corsairs dominator 1600. Have you figured out anything with your board??

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm having this problem too intermittently. I have reseated several times and am now trying a single stick but I think it's because the ram is 1600mhz. After I reseat the ram and get it to boot it says oc failed and mem speed goes back to 1333

Wow I had the exact same problem!

After turning it off and on a few times I finally got into bios and set my memory to 1333 and so far that problem is gone but still, I have never had so many random issues with a single motherboard in my life.

Supported ram wont run at rated speeds.
Double booting.
Phantom BCLK adjustments.
And my favorite "Reboot and select proper boot device"...:rolleyes:

Unless they fix these issues with a bios update soon (not release a version 2 of the p8p67 pro) I cant see myself buying or recommending Asus products ever again.

I'm not too worried about the RAM problem. It isn't slowing the system down, but I do want to use my 1600mhz RAM. I'm sure a BIOS update will fix it.

The double post thing does seem wierd and the jumper fix in the other thread didn't work for me, but I'm not too worried about that either.

What phantom BCLK issues are you having? I noticed the board sets BCLK to 103mhz with auto tuner, but manual is fine.

Wow I had the exact same problem!

After turning it off and on a few times I finally got into bios and set my memory to 1333 and so far that problem is gone but still, I have never had so many random issues with a single motherboard in my life.

Supported ram wont run at rated speeds.
Double booting.
Phantom BCLK adjustments.
And my favorite "Reboot and select proper boot device"...:rolleyes:

Unless they fix these issues with a bios update soon (not release a version 2 of the p8p67 pro) I cant see myself buying or recommending Asus products ever again.

hehe what was your old system?

I felt the same when I went to 1156 p55, it was the first system I had built where was unstable at stock and default settings and ram cannot even run at rated spec stable. Not got your other issues but thought odd that when intel introduced on chip ram controller's that I started having ram issues. (this is on p55 not p67 tho).

I'm not too worried about the RAM problem. It isn't slowing the system down, but I do want to use my 1600mhz RAM. I'm sure a BIOS update will fix it.

The double post thing does seem wierd and the jumper fix in the other thread didn't work for me, but I'm not too worried about that either.

What phantom BCLK issues are you having? I noticed the board sets BCLK to 103mhz with auto tuner, but manual is fine.

It was randomly setting it anywhere from 100.3 to 103 until I set it to manual.

Now I have a new problem...random freeze ups when doing next to nothing. If there isnt a bios update this week I'm going to have to take this pos back to the store.

Back