Asus P8P67-M pro cold boot issue.

Shoop

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
196
Whenever I push the power button from a cold boot the pc will turn on for a second and then shut down, then a second later it will turn back on. This is the second asus board that I have had this problem with. The other is a P7P55D-E LX. I'm not sure what is causing these issues. Both computers are running stock.

i7 2600K
Asus P8P67-m pro
16Gb Corsair memory
Thermaltake 600 watt power supply
MSI gtx 460

Any ideas?

Thanks
 
I had this (P8P67 Pro) until I used the RTC Reset jumper on the board. The RTC Reset on the M looks like its near the jumpers for the front panel along the bottom of the board. I'd give that a go.
 
That's what I'm thinking since I have had this issue with two different Asus boards. Anyone else who owns this board have any input?
 
My Deluxe started doing this when I set the BCLK freq to something other than 100. Put it back to 100 and it went away.
 
That's what I'm thinking since I have had this issue with two different Asus boards. Anyone else who owns this board have any input?

Ya. All my P55/58/P67 builds exhibit this behavior. Two were Asus and the other two were Gigabyte. The good thing that seems to come from this is that I never, ever have had to clear the cmos on a bad OC. The boards just know what to do.
 
That's what I'm thinking since I have had this issue with two different Asus boards. Anyone else who owns this board have any input?

I have an old Asus P35 board that does exactly the same thing. I though that was normal Asus behaviour.
 
Back
Top