Asus P8P67 Deluxe Intel Raid Controller Problem.

nvous23

Weaksauce
Is anyone else able to get to the Intel Raid Configuration screen in any bios over 0804?

One of the first things I did was update the bios to 1053 and after setting the SATA Mode to RAID in BIOS I could not get to the Intel Raid Controller setup screen (CTRL+I). It would show a blinking cursor where this screen should be for about 5 seconds, and then skip over and continue the boot process. I've Cleared CMOS, pulled the battery, changed the SATA ports that the SSDs are connected to. I downgraded to 1003 and the problem still existed. Downgraded again to 0804 and the Raid Controller Configuration Screen now shows, and I was able to create a Raid-0 no problem.

The Funny Part: After setting up the raid, and all was swell I upgraded again to 1053. To my surprise the Raid Configuration Page Showed up but it said FAILED for the Status and I was able to actually get into the configuration and attempted to remake my raid but it continued to Fail. I cleared CMOS at this point and then the page no longer appeared during boot.

So Now I'm back to 0804 with a working Raid, everything is fine and dandy. Except I am stuck on a older BIOS and I may never have a working Intel Raid beyond this point, and no the Marvel Controller is not an option.

Go into the Boot menu in UEFI Advanced, set Option ROM Message to "Force BIOS". That will turn the aux BIOS messages back on. Set it to "Keep Current" to suppress the messages.

It's a cool feature, one I'm glad to see, and its supposed to be Force BIOS by default.

Tried this and it was already set to Force Bios... It only fails to work on the SATA 6G Intel Ports (Grey ones). If I have them plugged into the Blue Ports (3G) the Intel Raid controller menu appears.

According to the sales man at Micro Center, only the SATA2 (3.0 GB/s) ports support RAID on the P8P67.

This was also the case with the previous ASUS motherboard I bought then returned when I upgraded to the i5 2500K from the i5 760 and had to swap motherboards as a result. In that case, the RAID limitation to the 3 GB/s ports was stated on the box.

Your results reflect what I was told.

Jeff

I have been testing various Raid 0 configurations on my P8P67 current bios 1003
- 2 Disk Raid 0 hard disk arrays work reliably and boot either from the Intel 3GB ports or the 6 GB ports
- 2 Disk Raid 0 Intel X25M G2 arrays work reliably and boot only from the 3GB intel P 67 ports.
- When the working SSD Raid is transfered to the 6GB ports the pre boot intel screen shows array as Failed.
- Tried formatting and setting up from scratch 2 SSD Raid 0 on 6GB ports and in pre boot enviorment Intel only recognizes 1 on the SSDs - the EFI bios sees both in SATA set up screen.
- Booted from Hard disk on 3GB ports and system only recognized 1 of the ssds on the 6 GB ports
- Swapped and each is recognized independantly fine - just not together.

Conclusion current bios / P67 drivers - Hard Disk and SSD Raid 0 OK on 3GB ports.
Hard Disk Arrays recognized on 6GB SATA ports
Multiple X25 SSD's can not be handled on 6GB ports.

Hope there is a fix in the works as I am expecting more 6GB SSDs to come out and would want to Raid them on the 2 P67 6GB ports to maximize performance.

Strange, the Evo's manual states that the 6Gb/sec ports do support RAID 0/1/5/10.

Back